A little bit of info on Galaxy SIII stright from Sprint

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
So I call Sprint to dispute a $36 activation fee when I bought the Epic 4G. Got it handled then rep asks if theres anything else she can help me with.

So I ask about the Galaxy Nexus release date for Sprint. She goes n checks comes back sayin that the only Galaxy phone in the system is the Galaxy SIII to be released early next year. Known information but was pretty cool to hear something straight from Sprint.

Last edited:

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
I told them I bought it retail at a Sprint store. She checked it out and credited my next bill 36 buck. Thought I was gonna get hassled but it went smoothly.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Though it's great you got them to refund the activation fee, buying the phone from a retail store doesn't exempt you (you in the global sense) from the activation fee.

dev2nsu

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I wish I could get mines removed. I called customer service and they straight up told me that they no longer remove upgrade fees. I was pissed. I'm not even goin to try to go back to the store

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
the only reason he got it waived is because he bought it at retail cost. there arent any activation fees when purchased outright, it becomes customer personal equipment at that point and there is not charge to do ESN swaps.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Can't wait to hear about the Galaxy S3. It is going to destroy the Galaxy Nexus. It has to because the Galaxy S2 already has similiar specs to the GN......I know there have been rumored specs but one thing is certain, it is going to be a monster. I just hope it will support Sprints future network which I am guessing it will.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The S3 coming to Sprint is "known information"? Where did you hear about this....and early next year? The S2 came out what, in March but we didn't get it until last month, why would we get it earlier this time around?

Reactions: crzycrkr

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
How will they launch an LTE phone early next year when LTE lauch is mid 2012?

That is the information the lady told me. I was just surprised in that I was intentionally seeking information about the Galaxy Nexus. But one thing is for sure the GSIII is coming to Sprint at some point in 2012

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
The S3 coming to Sprint is "known information"? Where did you hear about this....and early next year? The S2 came out what, in March but we didn't get it until last month, why would we get it earlier this time around?

It is common knowledge that the GSIII is already in development. As is any piece of technological hardware that is released its replacement is already being produced as you walk out the store with it. Im just passing on the information a Sprint rep told me. The GSIII will be coming to Spring barring any delays. My bet woud be by next Summer

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
They won't waive the $36 fee, but if you ask for a $36 credit (or even 'meet me in the middle' at $18) they will often accommodate. The fee is an FCC fee, Sprint pays it regardless if you do or not.

joe.stay

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
I got them to waive my activation fee by doing echat before I upgraded. Got it the first time chatting with them. This was in late September.

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
They won't waive the $36 fee, but if you ask for a $36 credit (or even 'meet me in the middle' at $18) they will often accommodate. The fee is an FCC fee, Sprint pays it regardless if you do or not.

I bought it retail at $539 at a Sprint store. The lady said I wasnt supposed to be charged the activation fee. She credited my next bill $36.

Reactions: iaskippy

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
While I've paid the activation fee in the past, I have a hard time with it. It's hard for me to get the fact that with all the choice we have as consumer you have to pay them an additional "activation" fee to pay them and use their service monthly.

This was something that was charged in the early days of wireless and was "waived" then faded away, and now has come full circle.

Hawaiian_Geek

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Blame all of this on the damn Iphone that Sprint now has....If you noticed they changed many of their policies before the Iphone was released to them....That includes the Premier Gold status membership program which they are eliminating...I have a upgrade that I have to use by the end of the year.....It sucks to find out I'll have to pay a activation fee for a new phone..... :mad:

Jay A whY

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
I got my activation fee waived on my new line and the 2 year contract waived on my SPH-D710 that I paid full price. Wasn't easy!

Sent from my SPH-D710

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech