A little bit of info on Galaxy SIII stright from Sprint

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Since when did they start being pains about the activation fee? I've never had any problem getting them to waive it at all. Second, there's no way in h#ll Sprint has anything in their system about the GSIII. No chance. I think if anything, she was referring to the GN.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
While the Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone, it's really not all that fast. In most benchmarks (I know, I know) it's only mildly faster than a GS2. The things it has going for it are the display and ICS, and we all know the GS3 will have those too, plus a quad core processor (fingers crossed).

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
While the Galaxy Nexus is a nice phone, it's really not all that fast. In most benchmarks (I know, I know) it's only mildly faster than a GS2. The things it has going for it are the display and ICS, and we all know the GS3 will have those too, plus a quad core processor (fingers crossed).

So let me get this straight...the GN isn't that fast, yet its faster than the fastest phone out there?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So let me get this straight...the GN isn't that fast, yet its faster than the fastest phone out there?

They said it's the best and fastest out there with current technology available, based on that, it's not that fast because it's barely faster than a phone that was introduced in the first quarter of this year.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
They said it's the best and fastest out there with current technology available, based on that, it's not that fast because it's barely faster than a phone that was introduced in the first quarter of this year.

Um...and it is the best and fastest out there. You can't release something with future technology without a Delorean. There's not always a huge leap.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I agree. It has come to the point where all these SoCs are all about the same, maybe marginally better in one area or another (at the moment, the GPUs on all the current SoCs seem to fare fine with what they have to deal with). Also, hardware isn't the thing that the Nexus is going for (but they do use off-the-shelf components like TI's OMAPs which are used in other OEM devices and not like Samsung's Exynos which they only use for their phones), but for the software. The Nexus was optimized to run it, just like Samsung optimized GB for the S2 (i.e. the smooth browsing experience).

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Since when did they start being pains about the activation fee? I've never had any problem getting them to waive it at all. Second, there's no way in h#ll Sprint has anything in their system about the GSIII. No chance. I think if anything, she was referring to the GN.

Dont shoot the messenger. She stated this herself. The Galaxy SIII, NOT the Galaxy Nexus is the phone she said Sprint personel are aware of. And that it will not be released this year, but the next. The GSIII possibly is every other carriers version of the Nexus with ICS Android 4.0.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Dont shoot the messenger. She stated this herself. The Galaxy SIII, NOT the Galaxy Nexus is the phone she said Sprint personel are aware of. And that it will not be released this year, but the next. The GSIII possibly is every other carriers version of the Nexus with ICS Android 4.0.

You're missing my point. There's no way some schmuck you got on the phone would have any clue about a phone that hasn't even seen the light of day yet. We all know that what comes out of carrier employees mouths regarding hardware is typically bs. "Sprint personnel" are made aware of phones when training material come in. I hate to be the bad guy here, but either you misheard, or she misread or was talking out her @$$. The GSIII is still vaporware at this point, and the Nexus is not going to get a name change for other carriers.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I doubt she was talking about the GSIII. The Galaxy S phones always come out in May and come to US carriers anywhere from June-September.

I'd be willing to bet my first born she wasn't talking about the GSIII. How would someone you get on the phone to help you with a charge on your bill have any clue about a phone that hasn't seen the light of day? She's more informed than the most hardcore enthusiasts? Don't think so. Most people that work for carriers wouldn't know a a Galaxy Nexus from a Nexus One.

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
You're missing my point. There's no way some schmuck you got on the phone would have any clue about a phone that hasn't even seen the light of day yet. We all know that what comes out of carrier employees mouths regarding hardware is typically bs. "Sprint personnel" are made aware of phones when training material come in. I hate to be the bad guy here, but either you misheard, or she misread or was talking out her @$$. The GSIII is still vaporware at this point, and the Nexus is not going to get a name change for other carriers.

The GSIII is the phone she specifically stated. Loud n clear

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
The GSIII is the phone she specifically stated. Loud n clear

Lol, yeah, loud n clear right out of her @$$. Sorry to be the realist here, but there's no way in hell. Its one the same vein as Verizon employees telling people they were getting the iPhone all those years. You do realize how ridiculous it would be if the GSIII was outed by an accounts manager over the phone this far in advance, right? That's probably where the rumor came from saying the iPhone 5 would be Sprint exclusive going on sale 2 months ago. Nope, lol

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Lol, yeah, loud n clear right out of her @$$. Sorry to be the realist here, but there's no way in hell. Its one the same vein as Verizon employees telling people they were getting the iPhone all those years. You do realize how ridiculous it would be if the GSIII was outed by an accounts manager over the phone this far in advance, right? That's probably where the rumor came from saying the iPhone 5 would be Sprint exclusive going on sale 2 months ago. Nope, lol

Your wall of text doesn't change what I heard. But you could keep trying to be a magician.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Okay look, crzycrkr wasn't trying to say you didn't hear her talk about the GSIII, but she may have been misinformed and possibly mistaken the GSIII with another particular Samsung phone that is about to be released in the US (hint, hint).

Reactions: crzycrkr

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463