A little bit of info on Galaxy SIII stright from Sprint

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay look, crzycrkr wasn't trying to say you didn't hear her talk about the GSIII, but she may have been misinformed and possibly mistaken the GSIII with another particular Samsung phone that is about to be released in the US (hint, hint).

What I originally asked about was the Galaxy Nexus release date just for kicks. She put me on hold came back and said the only Galaxy phone yet to be released for Sprint next year is the Galaxy SIII. Not this year but the next for the Galaxy SIII I asked and she said yes.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay look, crzycrkr wasn't trying to say you didn't hear her talk about the GSIII, but she may have been misinformed and possibly mistaken the GSIII with another particular Samsung phone that is about to be released in the US (hint, hint).

Thank you for reading and comprehending what I'm saying. And "may" and "possibly" is being extremely nice.

I didnt mean to offend by saying you may have misheard. Its just that there is absolutely no way an account manager has any info at all on a phone that is still vaporware. Like I said, we heard the iPhone 5 was coming too. That ridiculous rumor made more sense than this one.

Edit - And i have no clue what you mean when you call me a magician. Am I pulling logic out of my hat, lol?

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Its foolish to be so sure about something that may or may not exist. The GSIII "info" I heard about is basically a rumor at this point and should only really be taken as such.

crzycrkr, you seem to be taking offense at this "rumor" not anyone else

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Dont shoot the messenger. She stated this herself. The Galaxy SIII, NOT the Galaxy Nexus is the phone she said Sprint personel are aware of. And that it will not be released this year, but the next. The GSIII possibly is every other carriers version of the Nexus with ICS Android 4.0.

A lot of the time internal carrier documents contain names that are not final and are placeholders and what not. How many AT&T and Best Buy docs refereed to the iPhone 4S as the iPhone 5? At this point the GSIII is probably still on the drawing board and MAYBE in early prototype form inside Samsung, but there most certainly isn't any concrete info about it int he hands of ANY carrier.

What she saw was either a GN or another forthcoming phone from Samsung. Perhaps a Wimax variant of the GSII?

Reactions: crzycrkr

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Its foolish to be so sure about something that may or may not exist. The GSIII "info" I heard about is basically a rumor at this point and should only really be taken as such.

crzycrkr, you seem to be taking offense at this "rumor" not anyone else

Okay, fine, you're right, I'm being foolish by not believing a pencil pusher behind a desk knows about a phone that's not going to be release until mid to late 2012. And that is coming in a few short months. I know its a rumor, that's what I'm trying to explain to you. Its a wild, unsubstantiated rumor from an absolutely ridiculous "source." I'm not taking offense to the rumor, I'm just trying to get you to see that you seem to be putting way too much faith in it.

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Okay, fine, you're right, I'm being foolish by not believing a pencil pusher behind a desk knows about a phone that's not going to be release until mid to late 2012. And that is coming in a few short months. I know its a rumor, that's what I'm trying to explain to you. Its a wild, unsubstantiated rumor from an absolutely ridiculous "source." I'm not taking offense to the rumor, I'm just trying to get you to see that you seem to be putting way too much faith in it.
I'm not putting any faith in anything being released. Its just hearsay. The most faith I see is in you believing what you think you may know.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, even if she was talking about the GSIII, it isn't that hard to guess there is going to be an actual GSIII. It's just like 'guessing' there is going to be an iPhone 5 next year so it's fairly redundant information to know that the GSIII is coming out next year.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Sure is and thats why any information is the fuel behind forum discusion. Add the Elusive Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy SIII, IV, V Ice Cream Sandwich and wham youve just become part of a 6 page thread.

Yes, a 6 page thread of me trying to convince you to use some common sense, and you rejecting the idea entirely. There is a big difference between information and ridiculous rumors. Maybe you should send your big tip to BGR. They like to make up big stories based on absolutley nothing.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I heard from the janitor at Radio Shack that the GSIV is coming out on Thanksgiving with an octo core processor, 4gb RAM, 128gb internal storage with SD slot, and a 6" screen. That's about as likely as your info

Reactions: cgalleria93

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe you should send your big tip to BGR. They like to make up big stories based on absolutley nothing.

LOL yep, and they will call it an exclusive because they will be the only blog who mentions it because every other blogger on the Net has the sense to ignore that kind of speculation.

There's an old saying on the web "pics or it didn't happen"... if someone in the Sprint store sent you a pic or screen grab of an internal document mentioning the GSIII then it would be newsworthy, as it is this is nothing more than the usual rumor/speculation/talking out of their @$$es that we see from reps all the time... nothing here move on ...

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
LOL yep, and they will call it an exclusive because they will be the only blog who mentions it because every other blogger on the Net has the sense to ignore that kind of speculation.

There's an old saying on the web "pics or it didn't happen"... if someone in the Sprint store sent you a pic or screen grab of an internal document mentioning the GSIII then it would be newsworthy, as it is this is nothing more than the usual rumor/speculation/talking out of their @$$es that we see from reps all the time... nothing here move on ...

Wow, thank you voice of reason/common sense! Don't worry, you'll get ignored here too, lol

SpaceDroid

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Wow, not only do you fail at logic, but you fail at sarcasm.

Youre the one convinced here of something that is totally conjecture at this point. You play the fool trying to disprove something which doesnt necessarily exist. And all this hearsay to boot.
My position is neutral.

Your yelling in a well only hearing yourself but cannot realize no one else is arguing with you....lol

silx29#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
you should never believe anything you hear from a customer service rep. They tell you anything to get you off the phone.

But who knows. Maybe they'll slap a keyboard on epic touch and call it a galaxy III.

crzycrkr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Youre the one convinced here of something that is totally conjecture at this point. You play the fool trying to disprove something which doesnt necessarily exist. And all this hearsay to boot.
My position is neutral.

Your yelling in a well only hearing yourself but cannot realize no one else is arguing with you....lol

And yet you're so convinced what you heard was right and trying to prove something that definitely doesn't exist. Everyone in this thread sees that. You're getting responses like mine from other, yet you keep arguing with me. Amazing how "information" about what will be a premium phone is getting completely ignored by everyone in the beginning of the thread while they all talk about the activation fee. They all realize its BS as easily as they realize the sky is blue. You're they only one convinced you may have gotten some secret nugget of info...from a CS rep, lmao