Free Apps at GetJar

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Dunno if anyone had mentioned this, but go to m.getjar.com and install the GetJar downloader. There are tons of paid apps for free. The best ones I've gotten were Wavelauncher and Tapatalk. There's also a photo resizer which is great if you're attaching pictures to email. I just installed Wavelauncher and it's pretty awesome.

lordstimpy

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Tapatalk is free on getjar. One of the GetJar guys was on All About Android(pocast) and mentioned that they worked out deals with developers that was more favorable then what amazon did.

Stearmandriver

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Aren't these hacks, like mobilism etc? They probably won't hurt to install, but they probably aren't legit, right? That's why versions are out of date, won't update etc.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Aren't these hacks, like mobilism etc? They probably won't hurt to install, but they probably aren't legit, right? That's why versions are out of date, won't update etc.

They're legit as far as I know. But I prefer the google market, for the convenience and notification of updates. I don't mind paying for that convenience honestly. Although I have used Amazon's app store a few times for their "free app of the day". I got Cut the Rope for free that way.

There are minor downsides, but free is free.

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The apps on Getjar are 100% legit. They were actually the first Android "appstore" that carried Angry Birds when Rovio brought it to Android. Getjar is a wonderful resource for apps, totally recommended. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My only beef about GetJar is that it always seems to be running as a process even when I haven't looked at it in days. When I update apps in the Market, I get a Force Close error from GetJar. Not sure what that's about, but pffft on that.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't seem to remember what you've downloaded before, even if you connect it to FaceSpace, which I shouldn't be forced to do. Then again, it crashed while I was using it, so perhaps it forgot my login. Weak, but you get what you pay for.

Last edited:

CaMelGuY1337

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My only beef about GetJar is that it always seems to be running as a process even when I haven't looked at it in days. When I update apps in the Market, I get a Force Close error from GetJar. Not sure what that's about, but pffft on that.

EDIT: Also, it doesn't seem to remember what you've downloaded before, even if you connect it to FaceSpace, which I shouldn't be forced to do. Then again, it crashed while I was using it, so perhaps it forgot my login. Weak, but you get what you pay for.

Never said it was a well designed store. :p