Sideway Pics

GCMS

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I use Go SMS and when i send pics via GoSMS They always attatch sideways and the person i send them to they get them sidways, is there a way for them not to attatch/come out like that?

faizalstar

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
i just posted the same annoying issue when i email pics and the person opens it and it's sideways! glad it's not only me but need to know if this is by design or flaw.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
It's because the pics are such large files I believe, because I think when you reduce the size they send with correct orientation.... When I want to send a pic, I use the regular messaging app.

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.

ihbsbA

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I lied, I just tried a smaller pic and it was still sideways. The mms settings say it defaults to 640x480 so maybe if the original pic is taken with that size, it will work...?

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.

BMIC50

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Count me in. I thought it was an Android thing, as I was coming from webOS. At least give me an option to manually rotate it.

rob97ss

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
This has to be a Samsung issue, cause it never happened on my Evo, I first noticed it on my wife's OG epic..

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

mikephenix

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
It looks to be a Samsung camera app issue rather than a hardware one. I use Vignette and it keeps the image in portrait when taken that way (my guess is other camera apps will do the same but I haven't tested). The stock app seems to prefer landscape regardless of how you hold it (like how videos are always treated in landscape).

elyeh

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
All my pictures display and send the way the taken (vertical). Maybe a setting on the camera?
havent had any problems and my camera is set to superfine.

Chloe0622

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I use Go SMS and when i send pics via GoSMS They always attatch sideways and the person i send them to they get them sidways, is there a way for them not to attatch/come out like that?

I have encountered this same issue. I use Go SMS also. When I want to send a picture, I open up Go SMS, press the MMS button on the bottom right, press pictures, and then choose which picture I would like to send. It will give you the option of rotating the picture (plus add a filter to it if you like) before you send it.

Not exactly a fix for the issue but it does keep from sending the picture sideways.