12-11-2011 04:46 PM
157 12345 ...
tools
    OK, here they are. Hope that helps.

Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image
    Helps a little but need better look at what's going on.

Screen shot #1
    Tap on graph at top ,It will display screen that provides lots of info needed. Take screen shot of it post up
    11-11-2011 09:06 PM
    It was about an hour later but here it us.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-11-2011 10:27 PM
    It was about an hour later but here it us.

Yep that's what we need but its pretty hard to read due to charge in the middle of action.

Install battery indicator - https://market.android.com/details?i...bmRpY2F0b3IiXQ..
    Let device fully charge overnight use it for the day like normal then take screen shot when battery is close to dead and post up
    11-11-2011 10:51 PM
    At the desk in my office, I can get 4G but very bad 3G. Speedtests show dl as being under 20kbps. I use wifi in the office anyway. This morning, I turned off 4G and turned on wifi. After an hour, I noticed the battery had drained 30 percent and the phone was very hot. It turned out that I didn't turn wifi on after all, and it was on 3G only.

Do these symptoms sound familiar? It appears that bad 3G signal will cause battery drain and heat issues.
    yes this is quite normal. I have terrible signal in my office and my E4GT constantly goes between 0-1 bars with sprint and full service when roaming with verizon (got to love that 800 mHz band for roaming). The 3g i get in my office is most definately from verizon as 1x (really slow) and the phone gets slightly warm if its use. If i leave 3g on, i can kill the battery in under 6 -8 hours with little use. Turning wifi on makes my battery last 10-12 hours with moderate use, which is pretty good for roaming for 8-10 hours of the day.

Battery life will wholly depend on signal. Great signal, great battery life. If you're phone is struggling to get signal, battery life will decrease, especially when 3g is weak. Happened as well with my hero
    11-11-2011 11:09 PM
    Well something is dedinitly keeping mine from not sleeping. Just not sure what it is.

11-12-2011 07:41 AM
    More evidence of this garbage phone..what is shameful is that there is no update in sight. Smh my new name for this phone is samsung galaxy Suck2
    11-12-2011 10:58 AM
    1 hour 29 minutes. And yes I do use auto brightness.
    Sorry to tell you that this is normal my friend and there is nothing you can do..its Samsung and their garbage product ..all you can do is send in a complaint and wait a few months for a fix
    11-12-2011 11:12 AM
    Also check this out ..how does a phone just lose signal all if a sudden as I missed many calls and didn't know it..garbage! !!!!!
    11-12-2011 11:32 AM
    More evidence of this garbage phone..what is shameful is that there is no update in sight. Smh my new name for this phone is samsung galaxy Suck2
    You should probably get a new phone since you hate it this much. You made your point how much you hate it and everyone gets it. Now let's move along and hopefully you get a phone that's better for you soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    11-12-2011 01:07 PM
    You should probably get a new phone since you hate it this much. You made your point how much you hate it and everyone gets it. Now let's move along and hopefully you get a phone that's better for you soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
    Agreed. You should just get a different phone and go to their forum area. I happen to love my epic touch. The battery is easily double my old pre, and the reception is about the same, maybe a little better then my old Pre. I am sorry you don't like your phone, but i love mine. Maybe you have a faulty phone.

Dr.
    11-12-2011 01:30 PM
    Agreed. You should just get a different phone and go to their forum area. I happen to love my epic touch. The battery is easily double my old pre, and the reception is about the same, maybe a little better then my old Pre. I am sorry you don't like your phone, but i love mine. Maybe you have a faulty phone.

Dr.
    He's been told this numerous times guys. Don't waste your breath. His only intention is to shout to anyone who will listen how bad this phone is. Over and over and over.

11-12-2011 01:53 PM
    Great, lets move on and figure out what's keeping these phones awake. My phone is dropping roughly 10% an hour with light use.

11-12-2011 02:33 PM
    Great, lets move on and figure out what's keeping these phones awake. My phone is dropping roughly 10% an hour with light use.

Something is definitely wrong there. I lose about 10% an hour with very heavy usage. Yesterday with light usage I was at 92% after 4 hours off the charger.

11-12-2011 03:02 PM
    Something is definitely wrong there. I lose about 10% an hour with very heavy usage. Yesterday with light usage I was at 92% after 4 hours off the charger.

I pulled my 32gb sd card just to see if that is the culprit. I don't know, maybe it's polling the card looking for something and it's keeping the phone awake.
    11-12-2011 03:13 PM
    I pulled my 32gb sd card just to see if that is the culprit. I don't know, maybe it's polling the card looking for something and it's keeping the phone awake.
    There are 2 programs you can check out that might help.....

First is BetterBatteryStats that can be found for free below:
    [APP] BetterBatteryStats adds battery history back to Gingerbread - xda-developers

The other is System Panel. There is free version and paid version in the market. The free version does not offering the monitoring feature which is what you would need. It is only available in the free version. I would try BBS first and see if that finds the culprit.

Can you give is us a list of apps you are using.....Also, try putting the AP News Widget on one of your pages if you do not have it there. Make sure to set it to not update. Then leave it on one of your pages. That widget has been known to cause problems and by adding it onto one of your pages it will stop draining.....

We will get to the bottom of your drain!
    Slingbox likes this.
    11-12-2011 03:40 PM
    I don't think Android OS has ever been more than 6 or 7 percent of total usage on my phone and my battery life is excellent.

As Gerry H. already stated on another one of dg's incoherent rants, there is no OS bug. If there was we would all have it. Battery monitor apps can be huge battery hawgs themselves and the only one I will use is Battery Status as recommended on Milo's battery usage thread. Ditch the live wallpaper and try pulling your SD card if your battery life sucks, too.

Dg obviously doesn't even want his phone to run well because then he wouldn't have anything to complain about. Kind of like a spoiled kid who can only get attention when they have a tantrum.
    11-12-2011 05:18 PM
    As far as Android OS being high, it all depends on the percentage of your other items.

Lets say your phone is on for 4 hours and you have not turned your screen on. Even if Android OS ran for 1 minute in that whole time but your screen didn't, Android OS would be the highest percentage item because it ran more then anything else. So you might see it at 75 - 80% because it ran that percentage more then all other things up to that point.

It doesn't mean your phone was awake that whole time and it doesn't mean it killed you battery. You battery should have only dripped a small amount if you haven't used it even if Android OS shows 90%.

Now once you start using your phone more and the screen is being used more that Android OS number will start to drop....

If you have been using your phone a lot and your on screen time is a lot but you still see Android OS with a really high percentage, something is going on there.
    11-12-2011 06:16 PM
    There are 2 programs you can check out that might help.....

First is BetterBatteryStats that can be found for free below:
    [APP] BetterBatteryStats adds battery history back to Gingerbread - xda-developers

The other is System Panel. There is free version and paid version in the market. The free version does not offering the monitoring feature which is what you would need. It is only available in the free version. I would try BBS first and see if that finds the culprit.

Can you give is us a list of apps you are using.....Also, try putting the AP News Widget on one of your pages if you do not have it there. Make sure to set it to not update. Then leave it on one of your pages. That widget has been known to cause problems and by adding it onto one of your pages it will stop draining.....

We will get to the bottom of your drain!
    I did a hard reset and formatted the USB section to start fresh. I signed into my google account and installed BBS and Battery monitor pro. Left AP on the last screen and set it to not update. I also went into my account settings for gmail and turned off Sync Books and Sync Picasa Web Albums as I don't need those syncing yet. I'm reading up on how to use BBS, will let me phone charge overnight back to 100% see how it goes tomorrow. I'm starting to think my phone is defective.
    11-12-2011 08:49 PM
    Here's an Easier way to See if the Android OS is mainly at fault " Which in certain cases it is but not in this way for some reason :P"
    set your phone to AirPlane mode. You'll see that you will go from 99% to 99/98% in 4 Hours or More.
    If you look at your battery status, the Android OS is the main one in my phone, but heck i didn't notice any drops :P
    11-12-2011 09:08 PM
    He's been told this numerous times guys. Don't waste your breath. His only intention is to shout to anyone who will listen how bad this phone is. Over and over and over.

Yeah no doubt.
    dguidry12 is a version of "Occupy Wall Street" that marches throughout ET4G forums claiming to be the 99%
    11-13-2011 12:14 AM
    Here's an Easier way to See if the Android OS is mainly at fault " Which in certain cases it is but not in this way for some reason :P"
    set your phone to AirPlane mode. You'll see that you will go from 99% to 99/98% in 4 Hours or More.
    If you look at your battery status, the Android OS is the main one in my phone, but heck i didn't notice any drops :P
    Ok, I charged my phone to 100% switched it to airplane mode and went to bed, also did it with my evo. woke up at 7am and the evo was at 98% amd the GS2 at 67%. I think I got a screwed up phone. Not sure if this helps but here are some screen shots.

11-13-2011 10:18 AM
    I posted this over in hack/root sub forum in calks rom thread but what the heck this topic fits as well.
    I rooted device yesterday installed Calkulin's E4GT v1.1 running with stock EG30 kernel.
    The end result has been a good one battery use = to un-rooted device out of the box
    hehe device performance is much faster though due to custom rom.

Device had great sleep with some use treating battery pretty nice.

Device Settings:
    Display 50%
    GPS enabled
    3G data

Full charge 10hr & 30 min on battery
    Total of 19 minutes screen on checking email , Sent a couple screen shots in emails , Some Gtalk , Screen shots ,Open weather apps ,adjusting settings etc.
    Action While device was sleeping -
    2 FancyWidget GPS updates.
    3 WeatherBug Elite GPS updates.
    A couple tapatalk thread alerts & emails received LED blinking for 9 Hr
    11-13-2011 10:37 AM
    Ok, I charged my phone to 100% switched it to airplane mode and went to bed, also did it with my evo. woke up at 7am and the evo was at 98% amd the GS2 at 67%. I think I got a screwed up phone. Not sure if this helps but here are some screen shots.

Check your PM.....
    11-13-2011 10:42 AM

Something bads going on ,your device shows awake while it should be sleeping.
    You need to spend a couple bucs and pick up app called 'System Panel' to monitor whats going on in detail.
    When it comes to EVO battery performance comparison its worthless for first 10% of battery use due to how device reads charge available Its incredibly inaccurate .
    You can turn on EVO display for 5 min and loss 7-10% sometimes right off the top.
    11-13-2011 11:03 AM
    OK, I got System Panel installed and turned on monitoring. I'm going to leave it in airplane mode and see what on and eating battery. I was thinking of taking it to Sprint and see what they say. I didn't buy it from them but I due have insurance.
    11-13-2011 11:54 AM
157 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD