Horrendous battery performance with usage

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Please....

Now that I am once again employed, I am using my phone all day long for emails, texts and phone calls from 7:30 till 5:00 and every single day I still have at least 60% battery left before I get back into the car and stick it on the car charger for the ride home.

Perhaps your negative mind vibes have infected your phone DG

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
At the desk in my office, I can get 4G but very bad 3G. Speedtests show dl as being under 20kbps. I use wifi in the office anyway. This morning, I turned off 4G and turned on wifi. After an hour, I noticed the battery had drained 30 percent and the phone was very hot. It turned out that I didn't turn wifi on after all, and it was on 3G only.

Do these symptoms sound familiar? It appears that bad 3G signal will cause battery drain and heat issues.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
I don't have the AP widget on a homescreen (ditched it first thing out of the box) and it's set to never update.

According to SystemPanel, it appears my problem is the everloving Android OS bug as System Processes "suspend" and "events/o" are tag-teaming to eat 10-15% of the CPU time. In addition to the GS2, apparently hacked Nook Colors have it from what I'm seeing at xda. Suckage.

Just got my GS2 yesterday morning and coming from a rooted Evo, it's worse on battery. After some playing I loaded the bare minimum of apps, google account, exchange account, Cam Scanner and google voice. After a normal day of usage I noticed that the Android OS was at 71%, display at 15%, Android System at 6%,voice calls at 4%, and cell standby at 2%. I have no idea what is eating up 71% in the Android OS or how to even find out what it is.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Just got my GS2 yesterday morning and coming from a rooted Evo, it's worse on battery. After some playing I loaded the bare minimum of apps, google account, exchange account, Cam Scanner and google voice. After a normal day of usage I noticed that the Android OS was at 71%, display at 15%, Android System at 6%,voice calls at 4%, and cell standby at 2%. I have no idea what is eating up 71% in the Android OS or how to even find out what it is.

How much Display On time do you have in this scenario?

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
Not good that shouldn't be happening.
Can you post screen shots that shows graph view?

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Not good that shouldn't be happening.
Can you post screen shots that shows graph view?
OK, here they are. Hope that helps.

SC20111111-171211.png

SC20111111-171219.png

Last edited:

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Yes, hold down the home button and quickly hit the power button while holding the home button. Then release the power button and you will see it snap the pic.

I didn't know that either. I just assumed you had to be rooted and use an app like ShootMe.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Slingbox

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

repinphilly247

Nov 20, 2009
Visit site
At the desk in my office, I can get 4G but very bad 3G. Speedtests show dl as being under 20kbps. I use wifi in the office anyway. This morning, I turned off 4G and turned on wifi. After an hour, I noticed the battery had drained 30 percent and the phone was very hot. It turned out that I didn't turn wifi on after all, and it was on 3G only.

Do these symptoms sound familiar? It appears that bad 3G signal will cause battery drain and heat issues.

yes this is quite normal. I have terrible signal in my office and my E4GT constantly goes between 0-1 bars with sprint and full service when roaming with verizon (got to love that 800 mHz band for roaming). The 3g i get in my office is most definately from verizon as 1x (really slow) and the phone gets slightly warm if its use. If i leave 3g on, i can kill the battery in under 6 -8 hours with little use. Turning wifi on makes my battery last 10-12 hours with moderate use, which is pretty good for roaming for 8-10 hours of the day.

Battery life will wholly depend on signal. Great signal, great battery life. If you're phone is struggling to get signal, battery life will decrease, especially when 3g is weak. Happened as well with my hero

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Well something is dedinitly keeping mine from not sleeping. Just not sure what it is.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
More evidence of this garbage phone..what is shameful is that there is no update in sight. Smh my new name for this phone is samsung galaxy Suck2

tntdroid

Droiderator
Feb 19, 2010
www.flickr.com
More evidence of this garbage phone..what is shameful is that there is no update in sight. Smh my new name for this phone is samsung galaxy Suck2

You should probably get a new phone since you hate it this much. You made your point how much you hate it and everyone gets it. Now let's move along and hopefully you get a phone that's better for you soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

dr_elusive

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
You should probably get a new phone since you hate it this much. You made your point how much you hate it and everyone gets it. Now let's move along and hopefully you get a phone that's better for you soon.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Agreed. You should just get a different phone and go to their forum area. I happen to love my epic touch. The battery is easily double my old pre, and the reception is about the same, maybe a little better then my old Pre. I am sorry you don't like your phone, but i love mine. Maybe you have a faulty phone.

Dr.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power