Horrendous battery performance with usage

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Look at this..this is pathetic for a 1850 battery..samsung is a fail!! And notice the horrible atenna's failure to work properly.. I can never get over 3 bars with this POS phone.. IDK why I even thought of giving Samung a chance to prove itself.. I mean besides being fanboyish people please tell me when has Samsung EVER manufacture a solid mobile phone???

Instinct # fail
Intercept #fail
Moment #superfail
Epic 4g #fail - Didn't get GB until a year after release which is absolutley SHAMEFUL!!!
Nexus S #fail - Same antenna issues as the POS.

Sammy has a very poor track record in product quality customer service.

Last edited:

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I posted this over in hack/root sub forum in calks rom thread but what the heck this topic fits as well.
I rooted device yesterday installed Calkulin's E4GT v1.1 running with stock EG30 kernel.
The end result has been a good one battery use = to un-rooted device out of the box
hehe device performance is much faster though due to custom rom.

Device had great sleep with some use treating battery pretty nice.

Device Settings:
Display 50%
GPS enabled
3G data

Full charge 10hr & 30 min on battery
Total of 19 minutes screen on checking email , Sent a couple screen shots in emails , Some Gtalk , Screen shots ,Open weather apps ,adjusting settings etc.
Action While device was sleeping -
2 FancyWidget GPS updates.
3 WeatherBug Elite GPS updates.
A couple tapatalk thread alerts & emails received LED blinking for 9 Hr

Geez man you barely ever use your phone..lol..Thats why you get good battery life..Now how about you use it with the screen on for at least 1 measly hour I bet youll be draing by 4 hours of use

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Geez man you barely ever use your phone..lol..Thats why you get good battery life..Now how about you use it with the screen on for at least 1 measly hour I bet youll be draing by 4 hours of use

Here you go. Over 4 hours of screen on time. Bah Samsung sucks.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Here you go. Over 4 hours of screen on time. Bah Samsung sucks.

Nice screenshots but dude you are not proving CRAP..Stop posting pics using Wifi connection because it makes you look like a joke.. 98% of users don't even know their phone can connect to Wifi let alone just use WIFI on a daily like you!! Don't be a joke and show me some real life usage like the average users uses. Show me where you can keep those pathetic 3g antennas going for a day and lets see how good you signal "really" is.. But right now you are not proving nothing but that you are a fanboy enthusiast that is fudging your battery numbers.. SMH

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Nice screenshots but dude you are not proving CRAP..Stop posting pics using Wifi connection because it makes you look like a joke.. 98% of users don't even know their phone can connect to Wifi let alone just use WIFI on a daily like you!! Don't be a joke and show me some real life usage like the average users uses. Show me where you can keep those pathetic 3g antennas going for a day and lets see how good you signal "really" is.. But right now you are not proving nothing but that you are a fanboy enthusiast that is fudging your battery numbers.. SMH

Less than half of that day was connected to wifi. Newsflash, just because the wifi bar is solid doesn't mean I'm connected to wifi the whole time, just that I had wifi enabled. Once again you display your lack of knowledge about Android. Keep digging that hole my friend.

But tomorrow I'll run the whole day on 3G, and continue to refute the garbage you continue to spew.

titanoman

Banned
Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Aren't his GPS and bluetooth on as well?

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Dguidry, what is your motivation to keep on trolling about this phone? Because you're sure as hell not achieving anything by trolling

I am providing proof of my horrible battery..Are you looking at that? I am highly upset that I bought this troubled phone and I couldn't take it back in 30 days because of the change. So maybe I can stir up enough people to call Sammy and demand a refund or a fix.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry forgot one.

The suspend and events/0 are indicators of what most people call the Android OS bug. Unfortunately the cause of it hasn't been nailed down.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I am providing proof of my horrible battery..Are you looking at that? I am highly upset that I bought this troubled phone and I couldn't take it back in 30 days because of the change. So maybe I can stir up enough people to call Sammy and demand a refund or a fix.

Here is the problem dguidry. Not enough people are having the same issues with the phone that you are. By now, you should have realized this. I, and others are not trying to sabotage your efforts, we simply refuse to let someone proclaim that there is a problem with the phone that affects everyone when it is simply not true.

Sometimes products don't work for people. It's the way it is. If I were you, I would be all over Sprint until they either let you out of your contract or let you exchange your phone. Make your case and shout your displeasure to them. Doing it here is going to get you nowhere.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So after running system panel for most of the day I think I found my culprit, just not sure why or how to fix it.
View attachment 17722

Gottria, try something for me. Take all of your widgets off your home screens, then reboot, charge to full then monitor your battery consumption.

Officerpolabear

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Why would people call Samsung about issues with their phone if they are already satisfied with it and don't see any major issues with it? Like everyone else has tried to relay to you, you probably have a defective unit or you just flat out live in a place with little to no coverage. It's probably because you live in a place with bad signal because your 'phone signal' portion of the battery use screen is all yellow, meaning it has fairly bad signal there.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Gottria, try something for me. Take all of your widgets off your home screens, then reboot, charge to full then monitor your battery consumption.

OK, I cleared all my widgets and uninstalled any non essential apps. I do use it for work so I have a gmail syncing, Touchdown for our exchange, Cam Scanner, and I think that's it. I'll see what happens tonight.

Also, last night went to bed in airplane mode with 53% left and it was at 5% in the morning. Man, this is just strange.

EDIT: Dropped it off at Sprint and they said everything looks normal, but they will reflash it anyway to see if that fixes it. Only thing I'm worried about is I bought it off a buddy at work and not directly from Sprint.

Last edited:

raiderjefe

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I was also seeing bad battery performance Like one of the OP. Someone mentioned that a bad 3G signal would kill the battery pretty fast. That seems to be EXACTLY the cause of my battery poor performance. I bought the phone on a Tuesday, and was at work during the day for the rest of the week. In my office, I dont have a very good 3G signal, and my phone would request a charge by 5pm after being charged overnight and taken off the charger at 8am. But this weekend while I was not in my office, my battery actually lasted 24 hours with light to moderate use. This is much better! I can live with charging my phone while at work, i was just afraid that the phone would be dying on me halfway through a day. Anyway, I just wanted to second the idea that the bad 3G signal kills the battery fast.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
OK, I cleared all my widgets and uninstalled any non essential apps. I do use it for work so I have a gmail syncing, Touchdown for our exchange, Cam Scanner, and I think that's it. I'll see what happens tonight.

Also, last night went to bed in airplane mode with 53% left and it was at 5% in the morning. Man, this is just strange.

EDIT: Dropped it off at Sprint and they said everything looks normal, but they will reflash it anyway to see if that fixes it. Only thing I'm worried about is I bought it off a buddy at work and not directly from Sprint.

Picked it up and they did a full reset, then reloaded the OS. The tech gave me crap about not buying it from them but still did it. The salesman had the same phone and his Android OS was round 42% and mine was always pegged at 94%. So I'm loading up my apps and will give it a good run and see what happens.

Since I didn't buy it at Sprint, I do have the insurance, can they not fix it or swap it out? Or wold I have to use insurance?