Horrendous battery performance with usage

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Since I didn't buy it at Sprint, I do have the insurance, can they not fix it or swap it out? Or wold I have to use insurance?

I think it depends on the tech center you take it too. Sometimes they check to see if you have TEP and do it for you, sometimes they see you didn't buy it from them and don't. I'm not sure what the official policy is though.

By the way, regarding high Android OS and heavy battery drain, check this out ...

Battery issue (AndroidOS "bug") - workaround (3% loss over 9 hours!!!) - final update - xda-developers

It's where I saw the recommendation to remove widgets. The thread is regarding the International Galaxy SII, but the same rules should apply. The OP is very detailed about the tests he (or she) ran and the results observed. If your trouble continues, this may help you get to the bottom of it.

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Good stuff Jay, thanks for the info and help. Since I run Go Launcher I went back into touch wiz and deleted all the widgets, not sure if TW runs in the back ground all the time when I'm using Go so it can't hurt.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Picked it up and they did a full reset, then reloaded the OS. The tech gave me crap about not buying it from them but still did it. The salesman had the same phone and his Android OS was round 42% and mine was always pegged at 94%. So I'm loading up my apps and will give it a good run and see what happens.

Since I didn't buy it at Sprint, I do have the insurance, can they not fix it or swap it out? Or wold I have to use insurance?

My Android OS is always below 15% unless I do not use my phone at all........

I wouldn't load any apps on it and I wouldn't put it in airplane mode and see if it sleeps....Make sure to have the AP News widget on one of your screens and set it to manual sync.....

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
My Android OS is always below 15% unless I do not use my phone at all........

I wouldn't load any apps on it and I wouldn't put it in airplane mode and see if it sleeps....Make sure to have the AP News widget on one of your screens and set it to manual sync.....

Crap, my Android OS is already at 47%.

qfnol31

Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
I get over a full day with fairly heavy use, using both WiFi and 3G. Once I figured out the Facebook app chat drain (just sign out of chat and it's fixed) and the widget fix, plus reformatted my USB and SD drives, I was set.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Whats your screen on time? You can't really get a decent reading on AOS unless you have at least 30 mins of screen on time.

This....If you on screen time is low your Android OS will be high. You need to click on Android OS in your battery setting that shows you the percent. While it might be at 47% it might only have like 3-5 minutes of use. The percent is just based on how long something has ran compared to the other usage on your phone.

Use your phone and that number should continue to drop. If you are just leaving it there to see you battery drain it will most definitely be a high number and at the top of the list.

silx29#AC

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
i actually do get great battery life, but there are times where my phone freezes and when i reset my phone my battery drains drastically. Has this happen to anyone else?
SC20111112-181501.png

SC20111112-182605.png

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
i actually do get great battery life, but there are times where my phone freezes and when i reset my phone my battery drains drastically. Has this happen to anyone else?

I think it's a visual bug of some sort where your phone's reading of the battery gets thrown off after a reboot. I've had this happen, and notice my battery actually climbing while discharging, like it shows in your shot after the large drop off.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
You were asked nicely to move along already. This phone is not for you or something is wrong with yours. No need to keep beating a dead horse.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As long as we keep getting the same post from other members on this form that have similar problems I will keep on beating up on what is not a "dead horse". The problem is VERY WELL alive and we that have spent our hard earned dollars on a product should expect more from SAMSUNG!!! The LOS problem is not just actually an Epic problem but it is a problem with the international GS2 as well.. How about you got to other forums or simply google LOS, Android OS, Bad Antenna, Battery problems in reference to this phone and you will see that the problem is in FACT WIDESPREAD!! So the issue is not "dead" it is very well alive. Its not my problem that the fanboys claim to have a "perfect" phone but when they post screenshots they are seldomly using the phone or they are not even on the network. Stop trying to censor free speech and jump on board and complain to Sammy with us. I mean this is ridiculous, MOTO and HTC released a maintenance fix for many of their phones problems within 3 weeks of the issues.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Click to view quoted image

Ok..Now use the phone for at least 2.5 hours of on screen time then come back with better stats please. This only shows that you use the phone during the mornings and barely use it during the day. Plus you even use WIFI but actually as many others see that the antenna strenght on this phone is bad Your reception is horrendous and only good when on WIFI.. Thanks for proving my point that this phone is Just like the Nexus S

Last edited:

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I received an infraction today for "trolling" my friends I am not trolling and I am actually posting screenshots that produce facts of the problems that I am having. Correct me if I am wrong but at least the minimum every other day someone post the same problems that I am having and if you got to Sprint forums it is literally lit up with issues such as OS problem, Antenna, reception, los, roaming, battery drain. There is almost nothing good posted about the phone so how am I trolling?? A troll spews non facts but I am spewing facts.. Got to the "rooted" section and you will see the people rooting their phones to try to get rid of the issues they are having. We as consumers should NOT have to rely on a developers to fix these problems that are caused by the poor manufacturing and support of a multi billion dollar company.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I received an infraction today for "trolling" my friends I am not trolling and I am actually posting screenshots that produce facts of the problems that I am having. Correct me if I am wrong but at least the minimum every other day someone post the same problems that I am having and if you got to Sprint forums it is literally lit up with issues such as OS problem, Antenna, reception, los, roaming, battery drain. There is almost nothing good posted about the phone so how am I trolling?? A troll spews non facts but I am spewing facts..

Trolling is defined as posting to solicit negative responses from other members - it has nothing to do with factual statements. Your abrasive and negative attitude is doing just this, which is causing distractions in this thread.

Since you have already been warned by a moderator, I will now advise you to stop posting in this thread effective immediately. Any further posts by you in this thread will result in infractions and will be deleted.

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm at 68% here with my E4GT. My Evo would have been completely dead by now and I would have a good chunk of my spare battery gone too.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk