When using the video recording mode in the built in camera app, the camera refocuses every 10-15 seconds, causing the videos I record to keep going in and out of focus. I'm mostly recording my infant son playing with toys and crawling around a bit, nothing with lots of movement or dramatic changes in scene, so I'm confused as to why the camera feels the need to keep refocusing. It often ruins the videos I take because right in the middle of something good, the video goes blurry for a couple seconds while the camera refocuses. I love the convenience of having such a high quality camera in my pocket at all times, but for now, I've switched back to my dedicated (Samsung) video camera whenever possible because it doesn't seem to have this problem

I've searched the settings and can't seem to find any way to adjust the focusing or even set it to manual mode. Does anybody have any ideas on how I can improve this? It's very frustrating.
    11-08-2011 02:14 PM
    When you say dedicated, are you talking of another camera all together or do you have a video app on your phone thats not working correctly?
    11-08-2011 02:25 PM
    I mean a separate actual camera (a Samsung HD Camcorder). It's pretty small but not nearly as convenient as using a phone that is always in your pocket, so I was hoping to switch to using my phone for most video, but it's just not working out and I'm hoping someone can help me figure out why.
    11-08-2011 02:31 PM
    You might want to check your settings. Focus mode.
    There you have Auto Focus, Macro or Face Detection.
    I know i left mine on Macro once and when trying to do normal stuff it kept focusing because it was to far away.
    11-08-2011 04:50 PM