I left Verizon a month ago and bought the Epic Touch thinking I would be much better off without Big Red and having unlimited data. Well I made my decision today that I'm going back, it was not what I had expected. I am going with the Droid Razr when it comes out on Friday. First let me say this was a very difficult decision. I absolutely LOVE this phone and coming from a Droid X is by far the best phone I have ever owned. But the problems Ive had in a month are not worth having this phone and suffering the consequences. The loss of signal is the number one issue. I am unemployed and leaving my number with multiple potential employers. It hasnt happened yet but I am so worried about someone calling and me not receiving the call due to LOS. I have had multiple instances of calls not coming in at all or going straight to email. After almost 4 months of unemployment I have to have reliable phone service that I can count on to help in getting a new job. Other factors include the horrible data speeds I am getting and the treatment I received when I go to Sprint store. My friend had a Thunderbolt and both her and I were getting full 4G signal . On a side by side speed test she got around 17mps and I got 2mps. Thats absurd!!!! Also I have went to Sprint store on a couple occasions and was basically treated like an *****. Went in for battery life issue and was told well you know Android phones use alot of battery. They switched out my battery and I got worse life next day. Took battery out next day and looked at it closely and it was an EPIC BATTERY!!!!! Took it back and fought with them because they said they had the same battery and FINALLY got the right battery. Also I took it in for LOS issue, they took it and one hour later said they updated the PRL and the phone passed their signal test. Best part is I looked and it was same PRL number. I never in 12 years at Verizon got treated like that. God knows when Sprint and Samsung will address the LOS issue if they EVER do. So thanks to all in this forum who have posted things that have helped me greatly, I really appreciate all your help. Sadly the Epic Touch is going to Gazelle, dont know what else to do with it. I will be hanging around Droid Razr forums and hopefully this will be a good decision.
    11-08-2011 05:08 PM
    Yeah Sprint sucks. Go back to VZW.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 05:32 PM
    Hope you didn't cancel your line on VZW. Losing unlimited data would suck after all this. If you did, I guess getting the 4GB promotion would help offset the sting a bit. All this depending on how much data you use of course.

Good luck to you.
    11-08-2011 06:59 PM
    I was very close to being in your shoes. I loved the phone, but I didn't love it enough to have to deal with such crappy 2-4G speeds. Its a shame because in many ways I prefer this phone over the galaxy nexus.
    11-08-2011 08:00 PM
    Folks its the crappy phone and not the services ..how can you love a phone that simply does "not work"
    11-08-2011 08:39 PM
    No, its the service. My Evo had horrid data speeds. I don't think it was the device because it got worse over time. I seriously think that Sprint wasn't prepared for the growth of Android devices on their network.

Aren't their iPhone users complaining about data issues with their Sprint service?
    11-08-2011 09:48 PM
    Folks its the crappy phone and not the services ..how can you love a phone that simply does "not work"
    No, it's mostly the service for some customers in some areas. Most of our phones "work" perfectly.
    11-08-2011 10:02 PM
    Don't bite jay. Never feed a troll, they just grow bigger
    Samsmalls likes this.
    11-08-2011 10:13 PM
    Yeah but starvation doesn't seem to work on this one either.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    11-08-2011 10:47 PM
    If you don't have decent service, go with a provider that you do. There's no point in having an awesome phone if you don't get signal.

As for the customer service issues, i am sorry you had those problems. I've been with sprint for years, and I have learned to always research before any store interaction because while some of the csrs are knowledgeable, several aren't. I generally ask for a manager if i have a real question.

(in DFW, we get pretty much even 3G coverage between all of the big 4, 4G is different but we have decent wimax vs great lte. I have been with all 4 carriers, and since service is pretty equal Sprint is a good choice for me. YMMV. )

Sent from my 3VO using Tapatalk
    11-08-2011 11:23 PM
    Your so full of crap its not even funny. Your phone is a dud, get over it. My friends phone gets 30 hours on average use and 16 hours of hard use with 4-5 hours of screen on time. Also the horrible 3g speed is due to the network. He gave his EVO4g to his mom and the speeds were equally crappy. Same with my friend with the original Epic4g. His 3g speeds average .5mbps while his 4G speeds was 5-6mbps. That is no where near as fast as LTE on verizon.

No phone is perfect, but from what I can see, this phone is pretty damn close to perfect... just like the 99% of people on this forum claims. He has no LOS, great battery life, the phone is fast as f##k. In fact we schooled a few iphone4s's in app opening, and transition speeds and thats with a 3d live wall paper running and 6 apps running in the back ground.

Why are you not banned? Why are you here if you hate this phone? Go back to your crappy motopho forums. You want to share your personal experience of this phone to newbies? You know you are the exception to the rule right? If you enjoy being second best on sprint with your moto phone, be my guest, but stop cluttering up this forum with your nonsense.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    11-09-2011 12:08 AM
    For someone who hates this phone so much your sure hang out on this for and post all over it.
    11-09-2011 02:07 AM
    This being such a kick a$$ phone made this decision so difficult. I absolutely love this phone. But Sprint/Samsung have taken this phone and crippled it in some aspects. At this point I am still having second thoughts about this decision because of how awesome this phone is. Im hoping the Droid Razr will live up to its expectations. I have had very good luck with the Droids, this will be my third. I just wish there was some way of keeping this phone and getting rid of all the issues. I could live with the customer service issues but the LOS I cant. Sooner or later I will not get a call that could be very important and I cannot have that happen. It just sucks so bad that I cannot keep this phone.
    11-09-2011 04:57 AM
    This being such a kick a$$ phone made this decision so difficult. I absolutely love this phone. But Sprint/Samsung have taken this phone and crippled it in some aspects. At this point I am still having second thoughts about this decision because of how awesome this phone is. Im hoping the Droid Razr will live up to its expectations. I have had very good luck with the Droids, this will be my third. I just wish there was some way of keeping this phone and getting rid of all the issues. I could live with the customer service issues but the LOS I cant. Sooner or later I will not get a call that could be very important and I cannot have that happen. It just sucks so bad that I cannot keep this phone.
    Picarddh, I certainly wish you the best of luck with your next device. I absolutely get where you are coming from. Having a reliable phone, and no fear of the LOS issue is certainly key when handling the time between jobs.

Hopefully the network stuff gets sorted out. In my area I've found it got better recently and I've been pretty happy to avoid the LOS issues others have reported. Battery life has been amazing so no complaints there.

The Razr looks to be a pretty amazing device. Its great to see HTC, Samsung and Motorola pushing each other from a phone development stand point (sorry Apple I've become bored with your uninspiring slab). This new crop of phones is amazing, and I hope users don't suffer with the non-swappable battery in the Razr.
    11-09-2011 11:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD