Just a roundabout question for all of you owners...

I currently have an EVO 4G. And as some of you may know (I've read that this was an HTC issue), after it finishes charging it will start running off of the battery, even though it's still plugged in. So if I was charging it overnight, when I unplugged it in the morning the battery would drop a few percent. Not horrible, just irritating.

Does this happen with the Epic Touch? I was planning on getting one either way; just wondering what to expect.

Thanks!
    11-09-2011 12:05 AM
    No it doesn't happen ... well not a few percent anyways. The battery does stop charging at just a touch over 99% though, then discharges a tiny bit, then back in a cycle until you take it off the charger. So the phone says 100% on the charger but drops to 99% immediately when you pull it off. I believe it's a function of the L-ion battery to keep from being able to overcharge it.
    11-09-2011 12:28 AM
    I know the EVO 4G and EVO 3D were set to 95%. The unit would charge fully, then stop the power transfer from the charger essentially running off the battery till around 95%, then it would enable the charger again untill it was topped off. Using Battery Monitor Widget and having it update every 60 seconds i could see a very distinct pattern of charge / discharge cycles over night.
    Unfortunately Samsung devices arent as easy to get the info, according to the developer. But from what i have seen on my Epic Touch its about the same. Once it gets to 99/100 percent it will stop charging, then after a bit it will start to charge again.
    11-09-2011 09:01 AM
    I know the EVO 4G and EVO 3D were set to 95%. The unit would charge fully, then stop the power transfer from the charger essentially running off the battery till around 95%, then it would enable the charger again untill it was topped off. Using Battery Monitor Widget and having it update every 60 seconds i could see a very distinct pattern of charge / discharge cycles over night.
    Unfortunately Samsung devices arent as easy to get the info, according to the developer. But from what i have seen on my Epic Touch its about the same. Once it gets to 99/100 percent it will stop charging, then after a bit it will start to charge again.
    FWIW, it could be timing or coincidence, but I've never had less than 99% when I pulled this phone off the charger. So based on my experience, I don't believe this battery allows a discharge below 99% when plugged in. Then again, the battery charge is only as good as what the phone tells us, so who knows heh.
    11-09-2011 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD