just got off the phone with a sprint rep talking about trying to swap my phone out for another to try again. and he told me an update was going to start being pushed out tomorrow. I completely forgot that the original epic is just now finally getting gingerbread, so I forgot to ask him if he was mistaken and was talking about that epic, although he did use the word "touch" when he told me of the update...

anyone else hear about this or is it a bunch of crap? I came on here to see people already talking about it, and since I didnt see a single post about it I assume it isnt happening.
    11-09-2011 10:19 PM
    Extremely unlikely. What IS likely however is the Sprint rep you spoke to has difficulty tying his or her shoes in the morning.
    morrison0880, Kikoshi and ihbsbA like this.
    11-09-2011 10:45 PM
    ^ gave me a good laugh. I actually somewhat believed what they said because we talked about the galaxy note/player, this website, phonescoop, etc, and they had an android phone, etc... but apparently none of that means anything. so I will probably end up calling back tomorrow to find that it was incorrect and to start the exchange process. Ill give this phone another shot but if the next one sucks as well (my fiance got one the same time I did and has zero problems so far...)

I just dont know what I'll trade it in for...
    11-09-2011 11:22 PM
    By the way, this is the most recent post by Shane on the Sprint community forums. Shane is the guy who first responded about the LOS issue as has been following up since...

Unfortunately I don't have any estimate I can share at this time, as with most software related updates a lot could happen between now and when the testing is expected to be finished. I'm sorry, I know this issue is very inconvenient and I will continue to monitor the updates and pass along any information I can.
    11-10-2011 12:00 AM
    What issues are you experiencing?
    11-10-2011 06:06 AM
    If something is supposed to push out update speaking, watch the main androidcentral.com blog page... Jerry, Phil or others will give you the heads up most of the time before Sprint or Sammy does.
    11-10-2011 07:41 AM
    Naw brother there is no way possible that samsung will update this phone this fast..lol..it will be over 6 months for sure
    Kikoshi likes this.
    11-10-2011 07:47 AM
    What issues are you experiencing?
    well, when the phone was stock, the phone was rebooting itself a few times a day when using it, who knows if it was doing it when it was just sitting there unused. I also would get LOS.

now its rooted and even running LoStkernel I still get LOS, just happened this morning and yesterday I had it happen but still showed I had almost all bars, but NOTHING requiring a data connection would work until I rebooted.

also, this is one that I havent heard of before so it might just be my choice of kernel/rom/apps, but alot of times the icons I have in my folders go to the generic logo. sometimes they will still load the app, but sometimes I click it and it says application not installed. and under settings->manage applications it doesnt list that app like it is in fact not on the phone. reboot and then its probably going to be all fixed, although sometimes even rebooting wont reset the icons. and it is doing this with apps that have been moved to the sd and with apps that are on the phone. actually read last night someone had this happen and removing the last market update (3.3.1.1) fixed it for them so Im going to try that(will be reverting to stock to exchange anyways so Im sure it will happen on its own when I do that)
    11-10-2011 09:44 AM
    Well If update was dropping hmm I would be a little thrown off on using right away fearing damage to my perfectly working device.
    I'm going to give it 2 weeks if everything looks safe install and root will follow.
    11-10-2011 10:41 AM
    An update from Samsung is supposedly in Sprint's hands and is undergoing testing. Sprint started updating it's .RDF file on this phone a bit under 2 weeks ago. You can follow it here New maintenance FW upgrade in testing - EK02 now - xda-developers . Based on this and other reports, I'd expect we will see an update sometime next month.
    11-10-2011 11:29 AM
    Try Strong Steve's ROM. I was getting LOS with the LoStkernel. Problem is XDA and him got into some thing over them wrongly moving his ROM to theme's, and that just happened today so you may have to search around on where to get it. Here is a link to original, but he deleted the hosting info:
    [THEMED ROM][Upd 11/3][Odexed, ICS Theme w/Batt%,1x/3G,Hotspot,NoCIQ/Blue overscroll] - xda-developers

and then here is thread that should post where he moves it to:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1341179

I was ready to return the phone due to battery, LOS, and rebooting issues before putting on his ROM/kernel combo and have had no issues since.
    ihbsbA likes this.
    11-10-2011 01:43 PM
    Yeah that whole Stongsteve drama is ridiculous. I hope he continues to develop his Odexed ROM, as it's helped a lot of people including you by the looks of it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-10-2011 01:51 PM
    An update from Samsung is supposedly in Sprint's hands and is undergoing testing. Sprint started updating it's .RDF file on this phone a bit under 2 weeks ago. You can follow it here New maintenance FW upgrade in testing - EK02 now - xda-developers . Based on this and other reports, I'd expect we will see an update sometime next month.

Sprint started a RDF file on the Epic 4g and our recent official GB update about oh... 3 or 4 months ago, maybe longer....

Sprint/Sammy.... You never know how long its going to take them to do it... Remember the Epic 4g was Sprint/Sammy's "Premier" device at one point too just like the SGSII is now...

I hope I'm wrong but this is the EXACT reason why I left my Epic 4g when I had the chance after 9 months and went over to the NS4G.
    11-10-2011 02:48 PM
    Sprint started a RDF file on the Epic 4g and our recent official GB update about oh... 3 or 4 months ago, maybe longer....

Sprint/Sammy.... You never know how long its going to take them to do it... Remember the Epic 4g was Sprint/Sammy's "Premier" device at one point too just like the SGSII is now...

I hope I'm wrong but this is the EXACT reason why I left my Epic 4g when I had the chance after 9 months and went over to the NS4G.
    I hear ya there Paul, but I would say a full OS change is much more involved and likely takes much more time than an update to an existing OS and ROM. Definitely a fair statement about Sammy/Sprint though.
    11-10-2011 03:01 PM
    I hear ya there Paul, but I would say a full OS change is much more involved and likely takes much more time than an update to an existing OS and ROM. Definitely a fair statement about Sammy/Sprint though.
    Yes I hope so for Sammys reputation they start to do it right.. We had hoped for this on the Epic 4g after the horrible updates or lack of with the Samsung Moment.
    11-10-2011 03:09 PM
    Try Strong Steve's ROM. I was getting LOS with the LoStkernel. Problem is XDA and him got into some thing over them wrongly moving his ROM to theme's, and that just happened today so you may have to search around on where to get it. Here is a link to original, but he deleted the hosting info:
    [THEMED ROM][Upd 11/3][Odexed, ICS Theme w/Batt%,1x/3G,Hotspot,NoCIQ/Blue overscroll] - xda-developers

[url=http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1340300[/url]

I was ready to return the phone due to battery, LOS, and rebooting issues before putting on his ROM/kernel combo and have had no issues since.
    I think we got the point we about 5 posts back
    11-10-2011 03:14 PM
    I think we got the point we about 5 posts back
    Doh! I thought I was fixing the url I had copied incorrectly but somehow I actually posted it, then something came up and I came back and I posted again apparently...
    11-10-2011 03:17 PM
    Doh! I thought I was fixing the url I had copied incorrectly but somehow I actually posted it, then something came up and I came back and I posted again apparently...
    No prob... Just keeping everyone on their toes
    11-10-2011 03:20 PM
    actually read about that deal over on XDA this morning about them moving his stuff. and even if the update would be out by next month, that will push me out of my 30 day window... if my next phone has problems as well, what would you guys swap to? the photon was what I was debating on getting but ended up waiting for this phone. plus I had read about the bug in the photon where its like the phone is muted when you make a call even though it really isnt, or something like that. guess I better start researching the photons problems just in case, because I dont want to swap this out for another(although different) problem. and with the amount of threads on different sites I read about this phone having issues... Ill probably get another bad one, because I am not what you would call a *lucky* person...
    11-10-2011 05:00 PM
    This can't be, Jay. Dguidry says it will be 6 months for sure and he's right about everything.
    11-13-2011 12:22 AM
    This can't be, Jay. Dguidry says it will be 6 months for sure and he's right about everything.
    LOL Dguidry. LOL

I hope for people sake they send out an up date to fix these issues people are having. I do believe that ICS might take that long but not the up date for these problems.Sure hope not anyway.
    11-13-2011 07:10 AM
    Guys, I'm starting to have the phantom LoS.... the phone loses signal and I try to do in and out of airplane mode which has corrected the issue in the past and the dreaded circle shows up... I had one LoS a day after I rooted and now three or four in the last four days, all "phantom" loss.... what's the latest suggestion for this? Is my phone getting worse? Are there apps that could cause this?
    I even bought and set up TASKER to help with the problem but its not rebooting because it doesn't sense the loss of signal!

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    11-13-2011 08:33 AM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1341179

Have you had LoS since using this kernel? Can I flash that using Odin if I already have LoS? Odin is easier for me....

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    11-13-2011 08:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD