Has anyone heard about wifi reception issues with the Epic Touch? I assumed it was working fine and I just didn't get a connection in my bedroom, but my Wife recently purchased the iphone 4s and its getting great wifi reception! I've gotten over the battery issue with this phone, and generally like it...but the wifi issue is now bothering me!!! Someone make it stop -- HELP???
    11-10-2011 01:21 PM
    Do you get no connection at all in your bedroom? Or do you just get one bar or something low on the indicator but can still connect to the Internet.

Have you run the Speedtest app on both phones from that location?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    11-10-2011 01:55 PM
    that's actually the problem! it shows that there might be a bit of signal (which then won't allow the phone to go back into 3G), but no data will move! i wish it would just drop the wifi OR actually take the signal! her phone shows more bars and data is going back and forth as if shes sitting next to the wifi router! and it's a small apartment, so i'm not terribly far from the router when in the bedroom to begin with!
    11-10-2011 02:00 PM
    You should try restarting the router.
    11-10-2011 02:02 PM
    that's actually the problem! it shows that there might be a bit of signal (which then won't allow the phone to go back into 3G), but no data will move! i wish it would just drop the wifi OR actually take the signal! her phone shows more bars and data is going back and forth as if shes sitting next to the wifi router! and it's a small apartment, so i'm not terribly far from the router when in the bedroom to begin with!
    I've experienced this as well at my office, where I'm a certain distance away from the router (it just happens to be the bathroom on our floor which makes bathroom *ahem* reading a bit more difficult). There seems to be a deadzone, where the phone keeps the wifi connection but it's too slow to actually use. I think there are compatibility issues with certain routers and/or router configurations. I have some issues with my wifi router at work, but none at home. For example, my phone picked up my wifi connection immediately when I came into the office this morning. I turned wifi off on the phone about an hour later, and when I just turned wifi back on it won't connect and it says the network (router) is out of range.
    11-10-2011 02:19 PM
    I'm coming from a Palm pre. I never had any problems with wifi on that phone. I have had this for about 6 weeks and having poor reception also. Its very disappointing. I have thought about buying a wireless bridge to help out in the house. Everything else on the phone is awesome.
    11-10-2011 05:19 PM
    Time Warner was having some connection issues lately. Outages slow speeds and such. That happens to be my problem now. Crappy cable. Check to see if your house cable dsl satellite company is having connectivity issues.
    11-10-2011 05:33 PM
    I have had the same thing where I'm on the edge of the range of the wifi router with my epic 4g touch but my fiance's iphone 4s still has 2 bars of wifi. Gets pretty annoying when I'm switching between wifi and 3g and sometimes it hangs in the middle where it's on wifi but won't transmit any data. I just toggle the switch for wifi on and off and it usually works after that or I leave wifi off. I think i may have to splurge for a wifi extender just for my phone as the iphone 4s still holds the wifi signal.
    11-11-2011 01:05 PM
    This is a REAL problem with this phone... Don't let anyone tell you any differently! I noticed it the day I took it out of the box and turned it on. Since then... almost 2 months later... after extensive side-by-side testing with WiFi Analyzer and other Android phones (Droid X2 & HTC EVO 4G), as well as also using a co-worker's GS2 (to ensure it wasn't only MY GS2), I can 100% confirm that the WiFi reception in GS2 is most definitely compromised!

I don't mind not seeing "full bars" if/when I do a Speed Test and still obtain expected speeds, which is generally the case when I'm seeing 2 or 3 WiFi bars. However, the real problem (also described above) kicks in when I'm in my home and/or office and only have that 1 "dot" of WiFi signal... enough signal to be connected, but not enough signal to WORK! --- The really sad thing is that this "Single Dot" issue occurs in parts of my home and office where I was getting full strength WiFi signals on my 2+ year-old Palm Pre "Minus"!

I surely hope Samsung/Sprint are "listening" and that there is some possibility of a "fix" for this. I have finally left my WebOS obsession in the past, and am beginning to embrace Android and the GS2. However, this WiFi issue is almost a "Deal-Breaker" for me!
    11-11-2011 05:00 PM
    also coming from the Sprint Pre and gotta say the wifi radio on this phone sucks bad. I can be standing next to a router and the connection is reading weak and if I switch to 5ghz its even worse since that has a shorter range anyhow. This is with both netgear and linksys/cisco routers.
    11-11-2011 06:04 PM
    Agreed. My biggest disappointment with the phone has been wifi reception. Mine acts as described above. What can be done about this?
    11-11-2011 06:52 PM
    Same problem here. I'm also coming from Sprint Pre, and I got wifi signal everwhere in the house. With this phone, all I have to do is walk about 50 ft away the signal is toast. WTF?
    11-11-2011 09:04 PM
    1. Interesting to see how many Sprint Pre users have migrated to the GS2.

2. It appears that while the Pre was under-powered (processor) and incorporated sub-par external hardware, it had outstanding WiFi, and the BT wasn't too bad either.

While there are many things I love about the GS2, there are also many things I still miss about the old "Pre Minus"!

I hope Samsung/Sprint come up with some improvements, via Firmware Upgrades. I believe I recall hearing that there were similar issues with the Sprint Nexus S 4G that were addressed with software. Does anyone know if that's true, and if the upgrades provided any WiFi improvements.

I can also confirm, as a few others have, that there are many times that I can be standing right next to my router(s) (either my home Cisco N or my Sprint OverDrive 4G) and still not get full bars on my GS2 WiFi.

Samsung... Sprint... PLEASE HELP US!
    11-14-2011 05:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD