Just picked up my brand new Samsung GS2E4GT (Courtesy of awesome GF for bday present) and I am STOKED!!! This phone is awesome. I had the OG Evo 4G and this is a totally different experience for me. I have never used touchwiz, nor owned a samsung phone but so far I like it. Besides looking thru hundreds of posts, can anyone out there tell me what are some of the must know features this phone brings to the table......Thanks in advance
    11-10-2011 03:34 PM
    Just picked up my brand new Samsung GS2E4GT (Courtesy of awesome GF for bday present) and I am STOKED!!! This phone is awesome. I had the OG Evo 4G and this is a totally different experience for me. I have never used touchwiz, nor owned a samsung phone but so far I like it. Besides looking thru hundreds of posts, can anyone out there tell me what are some of the must know features this phone brings to the table......Thanks in advance
    Congrats on GSII welcome to forum be prepared for a troll or two that will try to ruin your user experience.
    For starters Samsung (Kies air) application.
    It makes for easy sync to PC giving you many options , file transfer etc.
    Check it out you wont be disappointed.
    VDub2174 likes this.
    11-10-2011 03:46 PM
    lol, I wouldn't expect anything less but I am not worried. I did a lot of research on this phone before I dropped the bug in her hear so I will not be trolled!!: Now I need to find a case and start forum surfing
    11-10-2011 04:00 PM
    Not sure if you already kno this but, samsung allows you to switch your home screen layout. Go to "sprint id / switch id / my id... nice layout other that coming from that evo just be ready to go from 0-60 mph in about 1.5secs! Congrats on your 442 vrooom, no granny shifting! Great Batt. Also enjoy!!!
    11-10-2011 04:10 PM
    lol, I wouldn't expect anything less but I am not worried. I did a lot of research on this phone before I dropped the bug in her hear so I will not be trolled!!: Now I need to find a case and start forum surfing
    Check out TPU gel case its a winner.
    http://www.amazon.com/TPU-Cases-Flex...cUvbUpU1394764
    It comes in a couple different colors as well
    11-10-2011 04:12 PM
    I second the TPU case!
    11-10-2011 05:56 PM
    I second the TPU case!
    I third it.....The matte black looks amazing on this thing!
    11-10-2011 07:13 PM
    i have an transparent smokey one for mine but all of them are good. The volume button will be a little hard to push but you'll get used to them.

-- Biggest feature would be the camera and screen. Take some 1080p HD videos in front of your friends (or yourself) and then watch it with them (or yourself) and observe the beauty that is Super Amoled +
    11-11-2011 12:30 AM
    Check out
    11-11-2011 05:07 AM
    i have an transparent smokey one for mine but all of them are good. The volume button will be a little hard to push but you'll get used to them.

-- Biggest feature would be the camera and screen. Take some 1080p HD videos in front of your friends (or yourself) and then watch it with them (or yourself) and observe the beauty that is Super Amoled +
    Actually the 720p video will look better. There is some sort of bug when taking a 1080p video that the camera automatically zooms in and you cannot zoom it out. 720p looks much better for now.
    Samsmalls likes this.
    11-11-2011 06:12 AM
    Thanks for all the tips Gents, I got NO sleep last night playing around with this thing...I am really impressed.
    11-11-2011 06:38 AM
    Congrats and welcome I too am a new and proud owner (since wed. evening) of the e4gt! I want to ask you and everyone else here though, why does my phone act confused and laggy if i play with it will charging? Also i want that agile loc app but since my market updated itself it cant be found?
    11-11-2011 08:23 AM
    Congrats and welcome I too am a new and proud owner (since wed. evening) of the e4gt! I want to ask you and everyone else here though, why does my phone act confused and laggy if i play with it will charging? Also i want that agile loc app but since my market updated itself it cant be found?
    Your wall charger hardware is defective.
    Best bet use previous smart phone charger or pick one up online cheap.
    11-11-2011 09:04 AM
    Ordered my TPU Argyle smoke case and Steinheil Ultra clear screen protector last night for my SG2 last night and am waiting on my fed ex man Jeff :-) Heard very good thing about the SP and I really was just diggin the case.....Keep you gents posted and will throw a pic or 2 when it arrives...BTW, I looove this phone. It just simply ROCKS!!
    11-17-2011 08:31 AM
    I have the glossy black TPU case, absolutely love it but the cover on the volume rocker sucks, so I cut them out with a scalpel blade.

Also highly recommend the Steinheil Ultra Crystal screen protector. It shows fingerprints but the screen is as good looking as it ever was.
    11-17-2011 10:48 AM
    One of the best ways to protect your phone from scratches is to use a screen shield or protector, probably the best type there is. There are many screen protectors that are available in the market and choosing the most durable one is necessary. There are 4 different types of screen protectors they are privacy, mirror, matte and ultra-clear. Each of them boasts of its specific use.

Noise Isolating Earphones
    mobile phone screen protector
    03-14-2012 11:52 PM
    My Market went MIA after the update too. I just rebooted my phone and let it be for a bit, it showed up eventually. If you wanna download the agile lock app right away, just do it from your PC.
    03-15-2012 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD