alright, heres the deal. me and the wife both got these phones at the same time. we both let our batteries fully charge then turned them on. my phone was rebooting itself from day one, and I was getting LoS from day two.

now over 2 weeks later, her phone was showing the gps lock icon and it wasnt going away and no idea of what app was running that was locating the phone so she turned off the phone and started it back up to clear/kill whatever app was doing so. keep in mind this is the FIRST time her phone had been off since it came in the mail, and a few hours later LoS! seems very unlikely the two could be related but it is a pretty crazy coincidence...
    11-11-2011 12:25 AM
    Sorry, but what is LoS?
    11-11-2011 06:51 AM
    A few people are reporting that their phone will for no reason experience Loss Of Signal (LOS). The phone will randomly display a no signal icon and the only fix is to reboot the phone. I haven't experienced it either but the people who claim to have the problem are very vocal about it.
    11-11-2011 08:13 AM
    I had this happen to me as well then. What a bummer, because I love this phone.
    11-11-2011 08:15 AM
    Yes happened to me today after rebooting my phone
    11-11-2011 05:51 PM
    A few people are reporting that their phone will for no reason experience Loss Of Signal (LOS). The phone will randomly display a no signal icon and the only fix is to reboot the phone. I haven't experienced it either but the people who claim to have the problem are very vocal about it.

plenty more than just a "few" people have this problem. I wouldnt make a guess as to what percentage of the user base has the problem, as it is likely very small. but when you consider the number of these phones sold, even the slightest percentage could be a large number of affected phones.
    11-11-2011 08:06 PM
    It only happen to me after I flashed a rooted kernel. Went back to stock and has never happen again.
    11-12-2011 05:57 PM
    LOL@ "a few" -- I agree in the big picture (everyone who owns this phone), "a few" is probably accurate but there are many many users on this forum and XDA who have the issue. Usually issues like this cause users to 1.) investigate online - in forums like these - then having the guts to post a "me too", 2.) prompt the user to take the phone back to Sprint and exchange it or just return it for a different phone. The percentage of those who investigate before returning the phone is probably small, but the percentage of users on this forum who have the issue is pretty big.
    11-13-2011 07:22 PM
    I've been rooted and running LoStKernel for about a month now. I've gotten LOS a total of two times, and both times I was in places where I rarely if ever visit. No LOS within a 5 mile radius of my home, between home and work, within a few miles of work and many other areas of San Diego. I'm one of the lucky ones. For others, LOS just happens. It's all about being in the wrong place at the wrong time, and it happens to both stock and rooted kernels.

Hopefully a fix comes within a month, or at least by the end of the year. Until then, running the stock kernel does seem to minimize occurrences.
    11-13-2011 10:08 PM
    I am rooted and on the Lost kernel as well. I had LOS yesterday morning and the phone was just on my night stand. I've always left it on the nightstand and haven't had LOS. I've had this phone almost 2 weeks and rooted it then day I got it. Then about 10 hours later, I got my 2nd LOS. Both times I was in my apartment where I know I have a strong signal. Decided to flash back to stock pulled kernel and see if that makes a difference.

If not, then I'll just probably flash back to Lost with Calkulin's rom, so I can get back the undervolt settings.
    11-14-2011 12:02 AM
    it happened to me stock, and the other epic we have never left stock status and it has had it as well. I just went back to stock again to see if it reduces it although I know it wont solve it since it did it before root.
    11-14-2011 12:05 AM
    For those experiencing LOS, viperboy has been working on a script to detect LOS and automatically reboot your phone. A development has been made on this tonight where it seems simply killing the RIL daemon service that operates the radio and restarting it, can clear LOS without a reboot. This would be huge if it can be accomplished without a reboot.

Here is the thread: [MOD]viperMOD LoS Checker v2.1 - Better than ever! | [Updated 11.5.11] - xda-developers

You can download and try it too if yer rooted. I haven't tried it, as I rarely if ever get LOS, but it could be really useful for some of you.
    11-14-2011 01:25 AM
    I've been reading that thread, but I don't know how to install it. He said he was thinking if making it an app which I would really appreciate!

Sent wirelessly with Tapatalk.
    11-14-2011 02:10 AM
    I've been reading that thread, but I don't know how to install it. He said he was thinking if making it an app which I would really appreciate!

I believe you would have to flash the zip file in CWM recovery like a rom or a kernel and it should apply. I tried it but it kept on rebooting my phone after starting up. After reading the thread more, it seems like the LOS checker will cause the phone to reboot if you have 4G turned on, which I had. when the 4G went to sleep, it would think that is a LOS and reboot. If you have 4G turned off and only using 3g, then it works fine. Needless to say, I'll hold off on it until he can fix that part of the script.
    11-14-2011 09:01 PM
    I believe you would have to flash the zip file in CWM recovery like a rom or a kernel and it should apply. I tried it but it kept on rebooting my phone after starting up. After reading the thread more, it seems like the LOS checker will cause the phone to reboot if you have 4G turned on, which I had. when the 4G went to sleep, it would think that is a LOS and reboot. If you have 4G turned off and only using 3g, then it works fine. Needless to say, I'll hold off on it until he can fix that part of the script.
    What about the WiFi issue? Something to do with it rebooting when on WiFi also...

11-14-2011 09:20 PM
    What about the WiFi issue? Something to do with it rebooting when on WiFi also...

That I'm not sure about. Could be wifi also. Viperboy said he was going to update his script soon that will address those issues in his LOS checker. So it's probably best to wait for that update.
    11-15-2011 12:01 AM
    11-15-2011 06:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD