How can I change from ADW Launcher to another ID without the lose of ADW. I Had everything set up decided to try switch to stock and lost everything. WOW that sucked. Several hours of set up gone. I now am set up and afraid to change. I now have the homescreen locked. Was that my issue? I thought I would be able to try other Launchers and switch to Sprint ID.
    11-11-2011 07:44 AM
    You did the backup option in ADW Launcher correct? I may not be following you exactly but if you did the backup of your settings option and also your home screen that should of allowed you to restore once you switched back..
    jkrezdorn likes this.
    11-11-2011 08:20 AM
    You did the backup option in ADW Launcher correct? I may not be following you exactly but if you did the backup of your settings option and also your home screen that should of allowed you to restore once you switched back..
    I will check that out. Fingers crossed
    does it back up to external sd? I am waiting on a referb.and would like to install on the new phone when it shows up. I have so many small issues with phone. They are back ordered. Even with the issues I Love this device.
    11-11-2011 05:24 PM
    I just moved file to external. Once I download ADW do i just hit restore?
    11-11-2011 05:26 PM
    I moved the file to my external sd. When the new device arrives and I reinstall ADW and hit restore. Will it find it?
    11-11-2011 06:27 PM
    I have been wondering the same thing. I am sorry, but I am very new to Android, can you please help me too?

I have downloaded ADW Launcher and I can find the wallpapers, but I can't find the themes I purchased and downloaded. Also, I see the three icons on the drawer (i think that is what the row on the bottom is called), but I can't get the extra row and add more icons.

How do you backup ADW?

Thank you for your help

p.s. my phone is not rooted. Does it need to be?
    11-12-2011 05:03 PM
    On your home screen press Menu and you should see a More button. Press that and then ADW Settings. You'll find all the settings you are looking for including backup and restore, number of icon rows and columns, a theme chooser, etc. Keep in mind you don't need to apply a theme to use the icons from it. You can choose any icon you want to use by long pressing your current icon and press edit. Then choose the one you want to use from the themes you have downloaded.

Yes, the three icons on the bottom of every homescreen is your dock. It's resizeable in ADW, too. Like this.

Attachment 17647
    11-12-2011 11:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD