I'd really like to upgrade from my Optimus S to something new. About %50 of my phone usage is for camera photos & video. The dedicated camera button (with half-way push to lock focus), is one reason I've stuck with my phone for so long. I really enjoy being able to reliably turn the camera back around at myself and know when I am pressing the shutter button.

Are there options for getting a hardware button on the Epic Touch to function as a camera shutter button?
    11-11-2011 12:15 PM
    The camera has a timer function and smile shot for your self photos. It also has touch to focus and allows you to hold the on-screen shutter button to lock focus and exposure. Then just release the button to take ths shot. It may be a little bit of an adjustment to move away from the hardware button, but the camera on the phone is excellent. I've found that the on screen button produces less motion blur than a hardware button too.
    11-11-2011 12:20 PM
    Thanks for the info. I agree the quality of the photos is AMAZING on the Epic Touch. I tend to hold the camera out at arms length turned around to shoot back in my direction a lot. I'm guessing the "smile shot" you mentioned uses the front facing camera, which might be ok, but I'd want to be using the rear (hires) camera.
    11-11-2011 01:17 PM
    Smile shot actually uses the back camera and waits till it sees a smile to take the photo. So you press the shutter, turn the phone around and it takes the picture when you smile.
    11-11-2011 01:24 PM