You know how sometimes you get someone starting a thread about a problem before they actually try to do something about it, and then 60 seconds later they post that they restarted the phone and the problem is fixed? Yea, this isn't one of those times.

I tried using Sprint ID for the first time on my E4GT yesterday. I went to "Get a New ID," and when I press it, it says "An unexpected server error has occurred. Please try again." And it only gives me the options of "Retry" and "Cancel." So I try again and I keep getting the same message. And as the headline to the message, it says "Oops...", like I'm getting punkd by Rick Perry during a presidential debate or something.

When I do this, I have wifi OFF, and 3G ON, exclusively. So no, its not that. Also, I've tried different ways to get a new ID, through the "Switch IDs" way, the "Manage IDs" way, and I even went on Sprint.com and had 2 different new Sprint IDs texted to my E4GT for download and I still get the same message. Also, FYI, my phone is stock, non-rooted. And yes, I've restarted the phone, multiple times.

I briefly Googled the problem and have only found a similar issue reported for the Samsung Transform, not the E4GT. Has anyone here encountered this problem or a similar problem at all? If so, how did you fix it?

If anyone has any valuable input about this issue I'd appreciate the help. Thanks folks!
    11-12-2011 01:43 PM
    Laziza...as in the drink?
    11-12-2011 02:22 PM
    Can I ask why you would want to use Sprint ID anyway? I do not even know why they would put it in this phone. All it does is add lots of junk for the different IDs. It is nothing exclusive and all can be found in the market.

Their are so many better launchers to use..........

Check out Go Launcher Ex which is free in the market and offers so much more then Sprint ID can ever offer as a launcher.
    11-12-2011 03:49 PM
    I would try clearing out the data for the app. Go to settings - applications - all - scroll to sprint id. Force stop then clear data

Other than that, I'm not sure what can be done
    11-12-2011 04:57 PM
    Can I ask why you would want to use Sprint ID anyway? I do not even know why they would put it in this phone. All it does is add lots of junk for the different IDs. It is nothing exclusive and all can be found in the market.

Their are so many better launchers to use..........

Check out Go Launcher Ex which is free in the market and offers so much more then Sprint ID can ever offer as a launcher.
    I'm like you, I've never been interested in using Sprint ID because of its lack of depth. The only reason why I want to get it to work is to use/have the option to use the 'pure android' Sprint ID, which is very similar to the launcher on the Nexus S. Also the way it switches between IDs is very user-friendly. I have Go Launcher Ex as well. So basically I want the option, which, let's be honest, is why we're all using Android, vs iPhone's iOS.

tkemack: I was actually thinking about doing that but I'm afraid I may be deleting the Sprint IDs that I already have on there. Thank you for your input though. I also went to the Sprint store to see if the display model E4GT had the same issue, and it does. So maybe its not just my phone. It also had 2 other issues that I've noticed on my phone.

hatchettjack: Sprint ID is programmed to only work through the Sprint Network. It doesn't work with wifi. Thank you for your input though.
    11-15-2011 07:26 AM
    May want to call and make sure you have premium messaging turned on. Without it, you'll get errors. Even though you aren't buying anything, it goes through as a transaction so Sprint can keep track.
    11-15-2011 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD