Buying GSIIE4GT on craigslist, what to look out for?

AppHunter

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a used Epic 4g Touch today from Craigslist, is there any known issues I should look out for ? Also the seller says the ESN is clean, is there an easy way to tell if it really is? Thanks

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys, I'm planning to buy a used Epic 4g Touch today from Craigslist, is there any known issues I should look out for ? Also the seller says the ESN is clean, is there an easy way to tell if it really is? Thanks

If you call Sprint with the ESN they will tell you. It still doesn't guarantee that the seller is shipping you that phone.

I personally would only by from someone locally. Ask the seller to meet you at a local Sprint store so you can check the ESN in person. This way you know exactly what you are getting.

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Mr JayWill72 made an excellent suggestion in another thread about his. He advised to meet the seller at a sprint store for the transaction and have them activate it on the spot. Public place and you will know if its a legit deal right away. I think this is your best shot

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Mr JayWill72 made an excellent suggestion in another thread about his. He advised to meet the seller at a sprint store for the transaction and have them activate it on the spot. Public place and you will know if its a legit deal right away. I think this is your best shot

lol, I just posted this above your post!

It is also the only way I sell my phones as well.........

tkemack

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Haha you sneaky edit!

Best of luck op.... Just don't buy the phone from the adult section. You may get more than you bargained for ;)

AppHunter

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
The deal fell through in the end,(the seller only contacted me once, he never got back to me after that) thanks for your help guys.

androidpirate

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
same thing happened to me too. ebay might be better place as you have a bit more protection from fraud (debatable). the average is roughly $375.

after looking for a week and half, i'm just going to use an upgrade and get it from amazon wireless. its only $99. the cheapest price i saw so far for an upgrade.