I currently have the EVO 4G and I'm thinking of picking up the Epic 4G Touch. I love the EVO, but the "low space" issue is driving me crazy. I'm not as techie as some of you, so I want to be clear I understand the storage info on the Touch.

When I bought the EVO I am pretty sure they advertised two storage areas. One was the internal storage and one was the SD card. I'm only around 27 mb left on the internal storage which is killing my use of apps, etc. The Touch seems to have three storage areas which I'm confused with.

Anyway, here's my question: Will I have more storage space for apps if I move from the EVO to the Touch? In other words, if I had the exact same apps on the Touch that I have on my EVO would I get the "low on space" message on the Touch?

Thanks for your help.
    11-13-2011 06:34 PM
    I currently have the EVO 4G and I'm thinking of picking up the Epic 4G Touch. I love the EVO, but the "low space" issue is driving me crazy. I'm not as techie as some of you, so I want to be clear I understand the storage info on the Touch.

When I bought the EVO I am pretty sure they advertised two storage areas. One was the internal storage and one was the SD card. I'm only around 27 mb left on the internal storage which is killing my use of apps, etc. The Touch seems to have three storage areas which I'm confused with.

Anyway, here's my question: Will I have more storage space for apps if I move from the EVO to the Touch? In other words, if I had the exact same apps on the Touch that I have on my EVO would I get the "low on space" message on the Touch?

Thanks for your help.
    I'm also confused about the three storage areas. The 3rd one is USB storage. I have over 9gigs available there.
    I've asked and gotten answers half a dozen times and still don't get what or where it is. I guess I'm illiterate.
    As far as your situation, check out the specs on both phones and see which has bigger internal storage.
    Oh. You can install any app2sd app and make sure you have moved all the apps you can to the sdcard.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2011 06:47 PM
    Okay so, the Epic Touch 4G has 2 GB for apps only. The only things that will be stored there are the core of apps, any files the app downloads separately are put onto the internal storage. The internal storage is used for what you want it to be used as, which is 11.5 GB. It is advertised as 16 GB but 4.5 GB is used for android and future Android updates. The third one you're referring to is optional, the SD card. The Epic Touch doesn't even come with an SD card but if you have one or want to buy one you can always pop it in.

SO, there are 3 parts but it seems that you were just confused about what they did.
    11-13-2011 07:12 PM
    Okay so, the Epic Touch 4G has 2 GB for apps only. The only things that will be stored there are the core of apps, any files the app downloads separately are put onto the internal storage. The internal storage is used for what you want it to be used as, which is 11.5 GB. It is advertised as 16 GB but 4.5 GB is used for android and future Android updates. The third one you're referring to is optional, the SD card. The Epic Touch doesn't even come with an SD card but if you have one or want to buy one you can always pop it in.

SO, there are 3 parts but it seems that you were just confused about what they did.
    So USB storage and internal storage are the same thing, and part of that is dedicated for the core phone functions (the 2gig you refer to)?
    What does USB stand for?

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
    11-13-2011 07:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD