My phone would not turn on. I tried all the usual stuff (pulled battery, tried hard and soft reset, made sure it was charged). Luckily I had a friend with the phone and swapped out the battery. It was the battery.

I called Sprint and they told me to go to a store/repair center. Long story short, I will be getting a new battery in 3 days. I can't use my phone for 3 days. I cannot believe that they don't carry any batteries at their "repair" centers or stores. Ridiculous.
    11-14-2011 09:08 PM
    My phone would not turn on. I tried all the usual stuff (pulled battery, tried hard and soft reset, made sure it was charged). Luckily I had a friend with the phone and swapped out the battery. It was the battery.

I called Sprint and they told me to go to a store/repair center. Long story short, I will be getting a new battery in 3 days. I can't use my phone for 3 days. I cannot believe that they don't carry any batteries at their "repair" centers or stores. Ridiculous.
    Read some of my threads about the HORRENDOUS battery performance of this phone.. Seems too me that the company known for selling its customers POS products have struck again and sold us a cheaply made battery that dies out withing a few weeks. Problably why my battery loses 2% battery every 60 seconds of browsing the web or other activities. SMH
    11-15-2011 12:27 AM
    As with all technology, there will be lemons here and there. You seem to be the unlucky person who got the lemon.

-> Dguidry - why don't you just get rid of the phone if you are so against samsung? If you lose 2% battery every second then either check your background tasks, reset the phone, or throw the damn thing out of a window or into a tub of water. Take the initiative and fix your problem and don't expect others to fix it for you.
    Weech21 likes this.
    11-15-2011 01:15 AM
    agreed; he should take the phone to a sprint store, let them check the battery, and give him a replacement if his is bad...
    Better to try and fix the problem then to complain about it constantly, isn't it?
    11-15-2011 06:21 AM
    There are certain issues with this phone...but the battery life isn't one of them. So your experience definitely is a lemon issue.

No matter which latest or greatest phone I have; I ALWAYS keep an extra back up phone in case something happens to that latest and greatest phone. So my backup phone is my old Blackberry Tour haha.
    11-15-2011 06:35 AM
    agreed; he should take the phone to a sprint store, let them check the battery, and give him a replacement if his is bad...
    Better to try and fix the problem then to complain about it constantly, isn't it?
    As I stated in my post if you read it, I did that and they don't have batteries at the store according to the employee. I said "you don't have batteries at ANY of your stores" and he said "no".

If you get a lemon that is one thing, but having no cell for 3 days (that is if they are on time) is crazy.
    11-15-2011 09:42 AM
    There are certain issues with this phone...but the battery life isn't one of them. So your experience definitely is a lemon issue.

No matter which latest or greatest phone I have; I ALWAYS keep an extra back up phone in case something happens to that latest and greatest phone. So my backup phone is my old Blackberry Tour haha.
    Backup phone on CDMA? I'm not sure what you are talking about. If it was GSM and you could swap the sim, I understand it.
    11-15-2011 09:43 AM
    Backup phone on CDMA? I'm not sure what you are talking about. If it was GSM and you could swap the sim, I understand it.
    On cdma you can esn swap between devices by calling CS process takes less then 5 min.
    When it comes to bad battery try giving Samsung a call see if their willing to send you another one.
    11-15-2011 10:00 AM
    I called Sprint to complain about the false info. They called some local sprint stores to see if they had a spare battery laying around. They didn't. They suggested telesales could maybe get me one faster. After 10 minutes he told me SPRINT HAS NO REPLACEMENT BATTERIES!
    11-15-2011 10:13 AM
    An Epic 4G battery will fit and work properly, it is a 1500mah battery vs. the 1800mah that comes with the Epic Touch.

Go back to the store and have them give you one of those to use until your replacement battery comes in.
    11-15-2011 09:08 PM
    I helped my neighbor get a phone in March. Brand new. Battery is defective and she has to keep charging it. It is the battery and not the phone. No batteries in stock. This is very much an inconvenience for Sprint customers. Why can't their stores sell batteries?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    11-15-2011 09:12 PM
    I helped my neighbor get a phone in March. Brand new. Battery is defective and she has to keep charging it. It is the battery and not the phone. No batteries in stock. This is very much an inconvenience for Sprint customers. Why can't their stores sell batteries?

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk
    Thanks for being honest. This is my second phone and the battery is a total wash after 15 days of charging. Mine now drains completly when I use it for an hour.
    11-15-2011 10:34 PM
    This is pure speculation, but given that the phone is only 8 weeks old, the reason they are out of batteries is there are a lot of problems. People aren't replacing batteries after 8 weeks because they wore out.

Eventually, Sprint transferred me to Samsung warranty. They are sending another battery. Not sure how long that will take.

Sprint also pulls the "the battery is not covered under warranty". Well, a battery doesn't stop working completely after 6 weeks unless it is defective or the phone charging it is.
    11-16-2011 11:27 AM
    On cdma you can esn swap between devices by calling CS process takes less then 5 min.
    When it comes to bad battery try giving Samsung a call see if their willing to send you another one.
    Sprint charges a $39 activation fee each time you do this. Maybe they would waive it given my situation. If I don't get a battery today I might try that.
    11-16-2011 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD