Hello all:

At night I need to keep my text message notification volume up, but want to turn off any gmail notifications. It seems like they are both controlled by the same volume setting. Is there any way to separate these volumes with the stock apps?

Thanks!
    11-15-2011 10:25 AM
    Turn off Gmail notifications in the Gmail App itself. Gmail > Menu > More > Settings > Click your account > Scroll down to Labels to notify > Inbox then either uncheck Email notifications or change the Ringtone to Silent. This is the way I have it (Silent), so I still get email notifications on my status bar and the LED flashes but with no ringtone or vibrate.
    11-15-2011 11:29 AM
    Thanks.

In this case, not quite as easy my old BB profile to swap night and day since I do like the sounds during the day. I had to make all my email accounts silent, though.

Turn off Gmail notifications in the Gmail App itself. Gmail > Menu > More > Settings > Click your account > Scroll down to Labels to notify > Inbox then either uncheck Email notifications or change the Ringtone to Silent. This is the way I have it (Silent), so I still get email notifications on my status bar and the LED flashes but with no ringtone or vibrate.
    11-15-2011 05:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD