Settings -> about phone -> system updates. I would update profile as well. Maybe this will help some with poor speeds

Screen shot from my usual test site in my house. Previous average was 1000 down.
    11-17-2011 06:48 PM
    You might getter better speeds but it won't be because of the PRL. The changes remove a few more Verizon/Alltel 3G roaming entries.
    11-17-2011 07:03 PM
    Hah this must have updated yesterday or very recently, as I already have it but didn't notice. I updated my PRL last night after flashing a new kernel.

Sent from my E4GT via Tapatalk
    11-17-2011 07:14 PM
    It seems to have helped me. My GPS doesn't disconnect a much as it used to. Before, without fail, my GPS would lose lock at least a half dozen times during my 30 min commute to work. Voice signal strength seems to have improved too.
    11-17-2011 08:17 PM
    It seems to have helped me. My GPS doesn't disconnect a much as it used to. Before, without fail, my GPS would lose lock at least a half dozen times during my 30 min commute to work. Voice signal strength seems to have improved too.
    prl's have nothing at all to do with gps...
    interesting to seee a new version out though.
    i want to see what changes were made.
    techgeek32#WN likes this.
    11-17-2011 10:35 PM
    is there a way to find out? I would like to know before I update. Thanks.
    11-18-2011 05:50 AM
    I tried to find out on the Sprint Forums but haven't seen a response to what the changes are. I also updated and haven't really noticed anything with the exception I now voice roam at my son's home that is in a "good" coverage area both for Voice and Data - and I could not roam with data (just had the data connectivity lost issue that I have reported to Sprint previously).
    Most people have a problem "roaming" too much - I can't get this phone to "data roam!" I know I set it up correctly because "once" I did data roam but never since.
    11-19-2011 02:09 PM
    Now if the PRL's have nothing to do with the GPS why when i called Sprint Customer Service, they had me do a Profile update then prl due to the GPS issue?
    11-19-2011 05:26 PM
    After Profile and PRL update, your radio gets restarted. That may have helped your GPS, but the PRL itself had nothing to do with it.
    11-19-2011 05:45 PM
    After Profile and PRL update, your radio gets restarted. That may have helped your GPS, but the PRL itself had nothing to do with it.
    Exactly.

Sprint is letting towers leased from VZW expire for some reason. I Guess it might be VZW's fault though because of the data usage from thier LTE and not signing new contracts to free up the space needed. I don't know, but I do know that coverage for me has diminished a little.
    11-19-2011 06:26 PM
    I just did the update and normally, sitting in my home office i would have 3-4 bars of connection, now I have a solid 5.
    11-19-2011 10:43 PM
    My phone has had nothing but issues all day with terrible data speeds and un able to update prl or profile. Im on a corporate account, so I have a different PRL. I really hope that sprint is making some changes and will be pushing out a prl that provides some of the improvements that are coming from the rest for the corp side of things!
    11-20-2011 07:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD