Help with Contact pictures

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Please don't hate on me for asking for help on this. I have read a few other threads about issues like this, but I can't seem to find one that DOESN'T have its problem stemming from Facebook linking and such. So I'm hoping ya'll can help me out.

In a nutshell, I have several contacts that I have received text messages from, but in the Messaging app it doesn't show their picture. I logged into my Gmail account on my laptop, and their picture shows up in the Contact profile, and the picture ALSO shows up if I drill into the contact on the Contact app on the phone. The picture doesn't show up, however, for the specific contact in the Messaging app. It works fine for SOME of my contacts, but not all of them. For example, my mother and brother have pictures when I look at them in Gmail (on a computer) and in the actual Contact app, but I don't see a picture in the Messaging app. I'm a little confused and can't seem to find a straight-forward answer.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
The automatic linking is hit and miss. For all the people that are missing the picture in the messaging app you might have to manual link them to your FB account. To do this, go to your contacts app and click on "joined contacts" and then click on the arrow on the right. Also, for better quality pics, use the Social Hub FB version and uncheck contact synch from the stand alone FB account. Depending on the picture your friends use on FB, some might look squashed in the contacts app, but it will look fine when they call you.

chrisingrassia

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
The automatic linking is hit and miss. For all the people that are missing the picture in the messaging app you might have to manual link them to your FB account. To do this, go to your contacts app and click on "joined contacts" and then click on the arrow on the right. Also, for better quality pics, use the Social Hub FB version and uncheck contact synch from the stand alone FB account. Depending on the picture your friends use on FB, some might look squashed in the contacts app, but it will look fine when they call you.
Actually this is one of the reasons I can't seem to find an answer. I'm not using any social media site (FB, Twitter, Myspace, etc) to get a picture attached. However, what you said worked anyway!! I didn't know I could do a "join contact" option. They all now have corresponding pictures attached. Thanks so much!

Reactions: cjrock110

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante