LTE compatable?

Drummerboy1975

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Are these phones going to work with LTE? I know they have 4g, I used it while in Charlotte this past weekend, but I wasn't overy impressed. I'm just curious about the LTE.

davis.rob

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
No, I don't believe the E4GT will work with LTE. But Sprint has said that the existing WiMax will continue to be supported for quite a while, so I'm not really concerned about it. By the time they actually get LTE rolled out I suspect I'll be ready for an upgrade.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah no LTE on this phone ... it has a WiMax radio in it for 4G. Sprint has stopped expanding its WiMax network, and will begin deploying LTE next year, which is when we're likely to see the first LTE equipped handset released by Sprint.

WiMax ended up being the "Betamax" or "HD DVD" of the 4G world. Sprint tried to lead the pack and failed, so now they'll actually be the last to arrive to the REAL 4G party (not counting T-Mobile) when they originally claimed to be the first. Maybe part of the failure is Yakima, Washington has Sprint 4G, while we still do not have it in San Diego, California. Yeah, try to figure that one out.

joshrocker

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
Nothing to be bummed about. By the time Sprint gets LTE deployed in enough areas to actually be considered decent coverage, you will likely be looking for a new phone.

Well there is a little something to be bummed over. 4g coverage is spotty at best and it won't be getting any better. While I have decent 4g coverage at home and where I work, I lose it if I travel to far from my house. I completely lose it at a few different family members and friends house that are all within a 20 minute drive of my house. it kind of sucks to think that the coverage won't ever be getting better and I'll have to deal with the constant dead spots that I'm currently experiencing. one of the reasons I chose is phone was because of the 4G data speeds and that feature only partially works.

dguidry12

Banned
Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This has to be a joke.. This phone barely picks up a 3G or 4G signal what makes you think that it will some how do LTE..LMBO..Happy Holidays everyone!!

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
This has to be a joke.. This phone barely picks up a 3G or 4G signal what makes you think that it will some how do LTE..LMBO..Happy Holidays everyone!!

No LTE for you!!! The only antidote to your problem is more cowbell!!!!

Seriously, you had 14 days (from sprint), 30 days from BB, to return or exchange your phone. Why didn't you? You can't sit there and say your problems cropped up two hours after your deadline and if you say it did, I wouldn't believe you. Just for reference...after you activate and charge your phone fully for the first time....test the crap out of it. Stress it. Wine and dine it or something similar to create real world situations. Then after a few days, you will know if the phone has a problem to exchange. No excuses. Happy holidays to you too!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving (holidays) to all of you!!

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Nothing to be bummed about. By the time Sprint gets LTE deployed in enough areas to actually be considered decent coverage, you will likely be looking for a new phone.

I agree for the most part. However, if Sprint had LTE radios in their phones, they could possibly work out a roaming agreement with Verizon and utilize their 4G network while the Sprint one is being built. Not saying Big Red would do this, but they do have roaming agreements on other bands.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Yeah no LTE on this phone ... it has a WiMax radio in it for 4G. Sprint has stopped expanding its WiMax network, and will begin deploying LTE next year, which is when we're likely to see the first LTE equipped handset released by Sprint.

WiMax ended up being the "Betamax" or "HD DVD" of the 4G world. Sprint tried to lead the pack and failed, so now they'll actually be the last to arrive to the REAL 4G party (not counting T-Mobile) when they originally claimed to be the first. Maybe part of the failure is Yakima, Washington has Sprint 4G, while we still do not have it in San Diego, California. Yeah, try to figure that one out.

That is tough to figure out. I'm sitting here in Anacortes, WA for turkey day which is a lot smaller than Yakima. I have a better 4g signal here than in Renton, WA where I live which is a suburb of Seattle.

NxTech3

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
I agree for the most part. However, if Sprint had LTE radios in their phones, they could possibly work out a roaming agreement with Verizon and utilize their 4G network while the Sprint one is being built. Not saying Big Red would do this, but they do have roaming agreements on other bands.

wouldnt be unlimited....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12