So I got the Samsung Epic Touch 4G yesterday and as I mentioned in a previous post I'm loving it. I had the EVO 4G, but the low on space issue was driving me crazy. Anyway....

They moved all of my contacts from my EVO to my new phone while I was at the Sprint store. The issue is that now I have so many duplicate contacts. I've tried "joining" them, but it's taking forever.

I have two questions. First, they "saved" my contacts to a file somewhere on my phone. Does anyone know what the name of the file would be? Second, since I have my contacts backed up to Google, can't I just delete all of my contacts and start over? Won't the contacts from Google and FB just download back to my phone, hence getting rid of the duplicates on there?

I already went on my Google contacts page and joined/deleted duplicates, but my phone is still showing contacts as Google and Phone contacts (sometimes Facebook too!). I also unchecked "Phone" contacts in the Contacts menu, but I realized I needed some of them. Thanks in advance for your help!
    11-22-2011 08:04 AM
    I joined contacts on my computer using Gmail and it was alot faster. I had to do a factory reset and afterward, I just committed to using gmail to organize contacts and NOT syncing with Facebook. I got all kinds of crap in there when had facebook data.
    11-22-2011 09:03 AM