Okay so right now I have a Kyocera Echo. Great phone. No major complaints. I am however bored of the lack of speed and ability in it. It's also quite a heavy phone and I would rather have one large screen than 2 average ones. Based on your opinion would switching to the epic 4g be a good idea or is there another i should consider? also some good reasons would be nice rather than just saying yes. Thank you.
    11-23-2011 01:12 AM
    My honest opinion is that if you can pick up an Evo for 150 on CL without renewing your contract I would. The Epic Touch is not much more faster than last years phones due to its horrid antennas that make connecting to 3g network abysmal.
    11-23-2011 03:13 AM
    My honest opinion is that if you can pick up an Evo for 150 on CL without renewing your contract I would. The Epic Touch is not much more faster than last years phones due to its horrid antennas that make connecting to 3g network abysmal.
    Dude, your a freakin troll monger.
    louie2701 and Uncle Louie like this.
    11-23-2011 03:17 AM
    Dude, your a freakin troll monger.
    Ha..He asked for my thoughts so I gave them to him. I mean I am telling the truth with real life usage is not much different. And if you by the 1900 mah battery for the EVO it will last longer than the current phone. If it wasn't for the 14 day screwing Sprint gave us the gs2 would have gone back ASAP.
    11-23-2011 03:20 AM
    Okay so right now I have a Kyocera Echo. Great phone. No major complaints. I am however bored of the lack of speed and ability in it. It's also quite a heavy phone and I would rather have one large screen than 2 average ones. Based on your opinion would switching to the epic 4g be a good idea or is there another i should consider? also some good reasons would be nice rather than just saying yes. Thank you.
    I would goto a sprint store and play around with a few different phones just to get a feel for them. Each one has a unique feel, look, and design and one of them might "just feel right" to you. Some people hate the photon, but I love it. Some people hate the E4GT, but I love it even more than the photon. It's all in personal taste.

I used the photon and loved it. Unfortunatley, I was a silver premier customer and had to use my upgrade on one of my lines or I lose it on 12/31/11 so I got the E4GT. It took me a weekend to decide which phone to keep and which phone to give to my son. I love the photon. it's fast. Has decent battery life. It's screen is bright and great call quality like no other phone. It also has one of the strongest antennae/radio (signal strength) combo's in the industry IMHO. But I decided to keep the E4GT and give the photon to my son.

The E4GT has a big screen. I mean it's big and bright. The phone is fast and smooth as butter. I also like touchwiz 4 much better than the moto's ghostblur. Call quality is on par with the photon but it does however, fluctuate in signal strength and go into roaming alot more than the photon (again, that could be because I drive a truck and am all over Florida). I found the 3G speeds much faster on the E4GT than the photon (others might disagree because of where they live) but for me in my area, the E4GT blows the photon away in this aspect IMHO. I don't get 4G here so I won't compare.

You can't go wrong with the E4GT. You can't go wrong with the photon. Heck, you can't go wrong with the evo 3D. So it's your personal choice. I just happen to like the E4GT good enough to keep it as my main phone. Good luck!
    11-23-2011 03:51 AM
    Ha..He asked for my thoughts so I gave them to him. I mean I am telling the truth with real life usage is not much different. And if you by the 1900 mah battery for the EVO it will last longer than the current phone. If it wasn't for the 14 day screwing Sprint gave us the gs2 would have gone back ASAP.
    I agree with your being able to voice your opinion. But you come in here voicing it in all the threads doing nothing but bashing it. You don't like the E4GT. We get it. But just because you don't like or it works like crap for you, doesn't mean it will for next guy.....like me.

I have 3 EVO's on my plan and I have the 1750 mah (seidio) batt in my wifes EVO. It lasts no longer than the photon I have. So far, my E4GT has blown away all my evo's and my photon in batt life respectively.

I also agree with you about the screwing Sprint gave us about a few things but that's just the way business is. I will learn to live with it or I will go somewhere else. But Sprint so far is the lesser of 3 other evils so I will stick with them for now.
    11-23-2011 04:00 AM
    Alright chill with the fighting. Opinions are opinions. If he wants to bash on a phone then by all means make a thread and bash away. Yes it is annoying to see it here, but he did make a valid point even under all the hate. I doubt the signal issue adressed will cause some sort of problem for me as I rarely if ever dont have signal. The only place signal is a total is at school. Im convinced they have a cell blocker here....Nazis...
    11-23-2011 10:13 AM
    I am trying to decide between Epic 4g touch or the nexus s 4g. I want ICS but then again how future proof is the nexus s 4g for the next 2 -3 years? usually how long I keep my phones. D;

Thanks
    11-23-2011 01:09 PM
    I am trying to decide between Epic 4g touch or the nexus s 4g. I want ICS but then again how future proof is the nexus s 4g for the next 2 -3 years? usually how long I keep my phones. D;

Thanks
    Maybe I'm crazy but I don't understand all the hype about the newest OS. People were going nuts for the gingerbread update for the droid incredible and I don't think it was that big of a deal. I thing the gs2 is a great phone and will get ics eventually.
    Lucki likes this.
    11-23-2011 02:27 PM
    Maybe I'm crazy but I don't understand all the hype about the newest OS. People were going nuts for the gingerbread update for the droid incredible and I don't think it was that big of a deal. I thing the gs2 is a great phone and will get ics eventually.
    I agree. ICS would be nice but it's not a deal breaker. Although, after receiving the GB update on my Evo's they became so much more fluid flipping through screens and opening/closing apps etc. enhancing the experience to a new level.

The nexus s 4G will get ICS and maybe a few maintenance updates throughout the next 1 to 2 years but it's pretty much at the end of life for it. The SGSII is a great phone and I love it. I think it's even better than my moPho....but that's my opinion. I also agree that the SGSII will get ICS...it certaintly has the hardware for it!
    Lucki likes this.
    11-23-2011 05:27 PM
    Since I owned the SGSII Epic Touch from Oct. 3 I never had any problem with it and it's very unfortunate for those that do cause this phone is awesome .I think if you decide to get this phone you won't regret it .
    Lucki likes this.
    11-23-2011 06:12 PM
    Yeah, I know it will get ICS but when is the question? Cause epic 4g touch is a dual core but without ICS both of the cores aren't even being used ! It is such a hard decision ugh!!!!
    11-23-2011 09:13 PM
    Re: signal issues, I just want to make the point that not all epic touches have these issues. I understand some do. The lack of predictability on this issue may point to some quality control issue, I don't know.

But, regardless, my e4gt doesn't have any of these issues. I live in a rural area where all phones, on all carriers, regularly experience signal holes, roaming etc. My e4gt routinely performs better than other sprint phones here... And, despite regularly roaming (which is appropriate behavior out here), I don't experience the los bug (except one yesterday, only one in 2 months, related to tower issues and therefore an anomaly, my buddie's photon experienced the same thing). I also travel all over the us they week for work.

So, point is, don't let anyone tell you these phones just "have crappy radios". I don't dispute that some of them have a bug... But if they were designed with inferior radios, they'd ALL have issues, especially mine, given where I use it. Clearly they don't.
    11-23-2011 09:21 PM
    I agree. ICS would be nice but it's not a deal breaker. Although, after receiving the GB update on my Evo's they became so much more fluid flipping through screens and opening/closing apps etc. enhancing the experience to a new level.

The nexus s 4G will get ICS and maybe a few maintenance updates throughout the next 1 to 2 years but it's pretty much at the end of life for it. The SGSII is a great phone and I love it. I think it's even better than my moPho....but that's my opinion. I also agree that the SGSII will get ICS...it certaintly has the hardware for it!
    I have to agree. The nexus s isnt one of my favorites though, I actually picked one up today because a friend has one and I really didnt care to much for the way it felt to me. I think it will get ICS and then die out because we are developing bigger and better things. Processors that can hit extreme performance compared to say a year ago? maybe 2? The SGS2 is a great phone. I had one in my hand for about 3 minutes and I now need to have one...unfortunately with the echo i have...i cant do anything for a while. Im stuck in highschool till May of next year and still cant get a damn job so my parents are footing the bill...
    11-24-2011 02:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD