Weather Widget

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

Don't know if this was answered before (So don't beat me up :p) but is there a problem with the acuweather widget and auto updating? I have my gps/location settings on and it finds my current location but when I move to other cities it does not auto locate and update. I came from an evo and sense did this with no problem. Its not a BIG deal but just an annoyance that I wanted to know if could be fixed. Is this a samsung problem, accuweather problem, or human error? Thanks

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I guess no one has the answer :(
I do not think the weather widget that comes with the phone updates your location. It seems to update the weather but only for the location that you have saved in it. Seems pretty pointless.

Best advice, use something else...

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The lack of auto-location update is why I ditched the lame stock clock (tapping it doesn't bring up alarms) and weather widgets for Fancy Widgets which has a great 4x1 combined clock/weather widget. I think I got it free from Amazon or GetJar. Well worth it.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets has a nice homescreen clock app, too. I have mine set up with the Sense skin. Tapping clock goes to alarm, tap date goes to calendar, tap weather goes to forecast for current location.
View attachment 18150

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My advice is download *beautiful widgets.* It works great! Even puts an accurate updated temp in your top left toolbar... You can customize the clock & weather widget...color of font....And if u like the old sence clock w weather widget it has one almost identical. Check it out. This phone isn't HTC. So it has no similarities of sence.... But it can customized more than any HTC ever could w/ a few add ons from the market. As far as the weather widget that comes w the phone, the larger one has a refresh button in lower right corner.. Just push that where ever u are and it should update. Beautiful widgets allows u to either use Accuweather or Google for your weather provider. I'm not big on Accuweather so I use Google. Its always been accurate for me.

Sent from my Epic touch using tapatalk!

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tips/advice....I will try beautiful widgets along with a couple I found myself and play around with them a bit :)

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Beautiful Widgets has a nice homescreen clock app, too. I have mine set up with the Sense skin. Tapping clock goes to alarm, tap date goes to calendar, tap weather goes to forecast for current location.
View attachment 18150

I liked HTC Sense on my Evo phones. Does this Sense widget have animated screens? I miss the rain animation I used to have on my Evo. Also, I noticed you have 3 rows of icons instead of two rows that the Touch screen allows. How did you get three rows? Thanks.

DataHawg

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I liked HTC Sense on my Evo phones. Does this Sense widget have animated screens? I miss the rain animation I used to have on my Evo. Also, I noticed you have 3 rows of icons instead of two rows that the Touch screen allows. How did you get three rows? Thanks.

Yes the weather is animated with rain, snow, sunny, etc. much like Sense. To get the extra icons on each homescreen I use ADW EX Launcher. You can also shrink the size of the dock on the bottom so it takes up less space.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463