I dropped my phone in water today, I reacted quickly and separated all the parts and put it under the hand dryer right away. It turns on and seems ok, except that the screen touch sensitivity is messed up and its acting weird did I mess up my phone. BTW I don't have insurance.
    11-23-2011 04:41 PM
    Place it in a ziplock bag with rice and see if that helps.
    11-23-2011 05:02 PM
    You shouldn't have turned it on at all until it was dried out at least overnight! Never understood people buying expensive phones & not getting insurance on them!
    11-23-2011 05:07 PM
    In that bag of rice, slip in a slice of bread too to draw out all the moisture. But yeah, you should have got insurance because accidents DO happen.

I personally think your phone will never be the same. Good luck to you and let us know what happens.
    11-23-2011 05:14 PM
    Yeah, I turned it off. It is now resting in a zip lock bag with rice. I should have gotten the insurance but after the extra $10 a month for the supposedly 4g service, the bill was getting too expensive with three other lines. So no insurance. Thanks for the suggestions. Will turn it back on in a week and Ill see what happens.
    11-23-2011 05:47 PM
    Yeah, I turned it off. It is now resting in a zip lock bag with rice. I should have gotten the insurance but after the extra $10 a month for the supposedly 4g service, the bill was getting too expensive with three other lines. So no insurance. Thanks for the suggestions. Will turn it back on in a week and Ill see what happens.
    I don't think you need to wait a week. Maybe 24 hours but someone else with more experience can chime in on that.

How long ago did you buy the phone? You have 30 days from Sprint to add insurance for a phone.
    11-23-2011 05:56 PM
    Expensive way to learn a lesson. I know. I just destroyed my S2 slamming it in my tailgate; no insurance. But it's not by choice; I can't get insurance (at least from Asurion) because I'm a klutz and used it too many times.
    P.S.: Don't use bread!! It adds moisture!!

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
    Sole07 likes this.
    11-23-2011 06:03 PM
    Bread does NOT add moisture! (it does keep cookies from becoming stale by removing the wet air around the cookies). Ever wonder why mold grows on bread? Cause mold grows where water is. Bread attracts water (moisture) so mold grows on it.

But after googling "can you use bread to soak up moisture?" it brings up many cooking sites saying that bread will soak up moisture...and after reading on sites on how to dry out wet cell phones, not one said you Can't use bread but all said to use rice. But I digress, I would only use rice.
    11-23-2011 06:21 PM
    Bread does NOT add moisture! Ever wonder why mold grows on bread? Cause mold grows where water is. Bread attracts water (moisture) so mold grows on it.

But after googling "can you use bread to soak up moisture?" it brings up many cooking sites saying that bread will soak up moisture...and after reading on sites on how to dry out wet cell phones, not one said you Can't use bread but all said to use rice. But I digress, I would only use rice.
    B.S. Why do hard oatmeal cookies get softer when you seal them up with bread? Bread is like 90% water. I have seen the rice reccomendation a hundred times, but never bread. You are wrong.
    Edit: You digressed, and you are right for that.
    Soke07: I assume the moisture indicators on your phone and battery have been triggered?
    11-23-2011 06:30 PM
    I don't think you need to wait a week. Maybe 24 hours but someone else with more experience can chime in on that.

How long ago did you buy the phone? You have 30 days from Sprint to add insurance for a phone.
    They told me fourteen days when I bought my phone, but I thought it was thirty days as well.
    11-23-2011 07:08 PM
    They told me fourteen days when I bought my phone, but I thought it was thirty days as well.
    Usually 14 days is contract terms, 30 days if you bought it outright, full price.

11-23-2011 07:18 PM
    I bought my phone over a month ago. I'm gonna call anyway see what they say.
    11-23-2011 07:57 PM
    " I have seen the rice reccomendation a hundred times, but never bread. You are wrong."

If you read what I said, that is exactly what I said........."and after reading on sites on how to dry out wet cell phones, not one said you Can't use bread but all said to use rice. But I digress, I would only use rice.".....

But I should have said that not one site mentioned bread but all said to use rice. But again...never did I see where a site said "STOP, don't use bread! It can go nuclear!"

"Why do hard oatmeal cookies get softer when you seal them up with bread?"

When you leave cookies out in the open, the AIR around it breaks down the sugars in the cookies releasing all moisture it had so it gets hard. When you place bread in a sealed container with the cookies, the bread sucks out all the moisture in the AIR creating a vacuum so nothing breaks down the sugars so it stays moist. It's different in cell phones though. Phones don't have sugars and other compounds that break down like food does, so your phone isn't going to get soft but the moisture in it will get sucked out eventually. But again, I would only use rice.
    11-23-2011 09:55 PM
    " I have seen the rice reccomendation a hundred times, but never bread. You are wrong."

If you read what I said, that is exactly what I said........."and after reading on sites on how to dry out wet cell phones, not one said you Can't use bread but all said to use rice. But I digress, I would only use rice.".....

But I should have said that not one site mentioned bread but all said to use rice. But again...never did I see where a site said "STOP, don't use bread! It can go nuclear!"

"Why do hard oatmeal cookies get softer when you seal them up with bread?"

When you leave cookies out in the open, the AIR around it breaks down the sugars in the cookies releasing all moisture it had so it gets hard. When you place bread in a sealed container with the cookies, the bread sucks out all the moisture in the AIR creating a vacuum so nothing breaks down the sugars so it stays moist. It's different in cell phones though. Phones don't have sugars and other compounds that break down like food does, so your phone isn't going to get soft but the moisture in it will get sucked out eventually. But again, I would only use rice.
    I said, in my edit, that you degressed and (IMO) was right to do so. I don't know anything about sugars and all that, I just assumed the moisture from the bread went to the cookies and softened them up. There is moisture in bread, and it only makes sense if you trap a phone in there with it, well...your phone will get moist.

11-23-2011 10:53 PM
    I hate when sales people don't know about their product!

Sprint Total Equipment Protection
    11-24-2011 06:58 AM
    I hate when sales people don't know about their product!

Sprint Total Equipment Protection
    Me too. They changed it to 14 days just before this phone was released.
    11-24-2011 09:44 PM
    *update * Just turned my phone on. Yay!!!! It's fine, everything works ok. Maybe my TC case helped cover my phone when it fell in the h2o. Thanks evry1. :-)
    11-25-2011 01:27 AM
    *update * Just turned my phone on. Yay!!!! It's fine, everything works ok. Maybe my TC case helped cover my phone when it fell in the h2o. Thanks evry1. :-)
    Glad to hear that it works!!!
    Sole07 likes this.
    11-25-2011 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD