Bought GS2 E4GT today, EVO3D aside !

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I just bought a used Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch today from a friend and giving my EVO 3D a rest for a bit.
I am going to try it out and see how it compares, if it does.

If anyone has any pointers on battery improvements or anything to make this phone perform as good or
better than the 3VO, post them up.

Or, If I am wasting my time, and you've already tried this, let me know too.
I will post my findings out as well after a few days or a week.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Um, you will not need to do anything in order for your ET4G to perform better then your EVO 3D. It already does that right out of the box and battery life is much better as well.

The 1 thing I do recommend if you are going to root is to change the resolution of your screen with the below app. Set it to 200 and it will make your screen appear like it is qhd. You can even set to 160 and have it appear to be a 720p screen but that seems to small for my eyes.

Once you do that, this bad boy will be complete!

I haven't really seen a EVO 3D since I sold it and bought the E4GT. The other day one of my friends with an EVO 3D came by and I got to play with them side by side. All I have to say is I was embarrassed for the EVO 3D.

onthehunt

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I had the Evo, then Evo 3D, now the Epic Touch. Loved the Evo but kept getting low memory messages. It was a business phone and emails were causing the issue. Got the Evo 3D because of its faster processor and larger internal memory. Three things I did not like about the Evo3D were the smaller icon/text size, battery life was horrible and the call/speakerphone volume was too low. Had the Evo 3D for 3 months and switched to the Epic Touch. The Epic Touch is my business phone, and it handles everything very well. I just wish the stock email and text apps were better. I am using 3rd party apps instead. The stock battery lasted reasonably well considering heavy usage, but I bought an extended 3200 mAH battery, and it is performing exceptionally well. Enjoy your new phone. You won't even think about your Evo 3D once you get used to the Epic Touch.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I forgot about the evo 3D when I got the photon. Now I have forgotten the photon since the E4GT. I loved the OG Evo but hated the 3D with a passion. The E4GT is an all around great phone just like the Evo was that does everything that needs to be done.

I don't even bother with email apps at all because you have to manage them, otherwise it eats into internal storage. So I have all my email accounts tied directly to hotmail and pull it all down using Windows Live ID. It's just as fast as a standalone app but without management issues.

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the input so far guys!

So far I love the E4GT. I am running it naked just because I love how slim it is.
I hate to even buy a case for it.

onthehunt...I agree, I dont like the cheesiness of the text/messaging apps that came
in the phone, but have not looked into new ones yet.

Battery life is very good so far and the SCREEN! I love it.

Not sure if I am going to root it or not, just wanted to try it out, never owned a Sammy before.
Kinda wanted to get a feel for it just in case I decide to grab a NEXUS S soon.

Well, going back to playing with it some more...​

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Hope you aren't in the 99% and got a bad phone!! lol

I am sure 99% of the E4GT are not bad. Of all the people I know with them, not a single person has had an issue with one. I bought mine from a friend, it was her personal phone and she works for sprint.

dirtfarmer7

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
The 1 thing I do recommend if you are going to root is to change the resolution of your screen with the below app. Set it to 200 and it will make your screen appear like it is qhd. You can even set to 160 and have it appear to be a 720p screen but that seems to small for my eye

I don't see the link for a res app. What is the name of res app?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey