OK...So I'm rolling along enjoying my Galaxy S2 Epic Touch 4G, and somehow I activated something on my phone that I don't like at all. It seems that when I press my home button (when already on my "home screen"), an abbreviated Accu-weather "widget" pops up. You can "x out" of it, but it still comes back when you press the home button again. Anyone know how to make this go away? Thank you!!!
    11-26-2011 08:35 AM
    Here is a screen shot of what it looks like.
    11-26-2011 08:52 AM
    Mine did this the other day & was driving me crazy!!! I turned off the phone & held volume button up/power button &when it booted up I haven't seen it again. Volume up/power is a soft reset I believe.
    11-26-2011 09:13 AM
    You are Da' Bomb. Thank you. Simply powered off and back on and it worked.
    11-26-2011 09:19 AM
    Oh my gee thank you so much, i just did a restart and it went back to normal. I knew that i could find someone who also had this problem. It too was driving me nuts. Thank you!!
    01-19-2012 04:35 PM
    That's the dock mode screen. There's a bug where something causes home button presses to activate it. As you guys have discovered, a reboot usually clears it up.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    01-19-2012 04:45 PM
    I have this same problem but it happens randomly, not just when I click the home button. Is there a way to uninstall accu-weather? I have reebooted several times and even done a hard battery pull, and it still happens. Any other fixes that anyone knows about? This is driving my up the wall. It takes me to the screen at any time, doesn't matter what im doing it will randomly pop up.
    04-21-2012 08:45 PM
    I have this same problem but it happens randomly, not just when I click the home button. Is there a way to uninstall accu-weather? I have reebooted several times and even done a hard battery pull, and it still happens. Any other fixes that anyone knows about? This is driving my up the wall. It takes me to the screen at any time, doesn't matter what im doing it will randomly pop up.
    did you ever get it figured out derpson?

i was having the same problem and i tried rebooting...it didn't work. I tried pulling the battery..that didn't work. nothing was working. then i tried blowing out where the micro usb goes in...i figured maybe there was some junk in there making it think it was docking... i've got my fingers crossed that that was it.
    03-25-2013 08:26 AM
    I started having this same problem at 7:30 this morning. I went as far as reseting the entire phone to factory defaults, but few hours later the problem repeated. The phone thinks it's docked to a computer, and that's the screen we are all getting. It will randomly make the docking notification sound, the home key function will change along with the screen, and when the problem goes away it plays a different notification signifying that it has undocked.

Most of the solutions I have read are software related. I don't see how that could be the case for my phone considering the problem persisted after restarting, taking the battery out and waiting 15 minutes, doing a a soft reset, and finally trying a full factory reset. After doing so the phone was exactly the same as the day I got it, yet the problem was still there.

I did come across a few message boards that say it could be a hardware issue, specifically a broken mini USB connection. Supposedly the mechanism by which the phone recognizes a dock is shorting, or it's mechanical and is broken or bent. Again, this doesn't make sense, as I have never seen this screen before. When connected to a charger, a computer, or just a USB cable that's not plug into anything it remains on my home screen, not the "dock screen". In fact I had never seen that screen until the phone malfunctioned.

The only fix I have found so far was to give the USB socket the Nintendo cartridge treatment; blow into it really hard.
    04-27-2013 10:53 PM
    I have been having a problem with intermitant charging and Accuweather popping up and away again like a strobe light. it seems that both problem are linked and that the issue has something to do with the USB port on the S2. Either it is damaged or it is corroded and a good clean or replacing it seems to be the best option. A guy n another topic found sme little silicon plugs that would stop moisture and dust from getting in to the port.

I'm going to take mine apart tonight, clean and continuity test the USB and let you all know.
    06-19-2013 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD