Not sure what others are experiencing but when I roam even if I have three bars and am showing 3g, browsing is painfully slow (when it even works).
    11-26-2011 03:13 PM
    I have never gotten data to work at all when roaming. I get a notification saying I have no data.
    11-26-2011 06:32 PM
    Same here - I have "data roamed" once (because I showed usage). I have reported this in the Sprint forums. I can voice roam but not data. I thought I was the only one as it seems everyone else complains about "constant" roaming.
    11-26-2011 07:33 PM
    Same here. I think Sprint is slowly removing data roam usage due to tower agreements with vzw.

Samsung Galaxy S II
    11-27-2011 06:02 AM
    I'm data roaming on verizon right now so it definitely works. However, most (all?) of the time when you're roaming it's not EVDO but rather 1xrtt instead. That's why your speeds are so slow.
    11-27-2011 07:33 AM
    What app are you using that you know they are verizon towers?
    11-27-2011 09:26 AM
    I read this over on XDA and use it myself and it did seem to improve my performance. I had nothing with this other than posting it for your viewing......your milage may vary......

[GUIDE] Disabling Sprint proxies to improve speed, compatibility, & choice - xda-developers
    11-27-2011 10:10 AM
    There isn't. If your roaming and have a signal, your on a VZW tower. You can't roam on GSM towers at all.

The one thing I hated about the moPho, well Sprint, is that it has a GSM radio being a world phone also BUT you can't roam on domestic GSM towers. But it's all good!
    11-27-2011 11:33 AM
    There isn't. If your roaming and have a signal, your on a VZW tower.
    Not true, sprint has agreements with other local/regional carriers too.
    11-27-2011 07:07 PM
    No app necessary, just dial a bogus number like "48625" and wait for the recorded message which usually states the carrier. ("welcome to verizon wireless, the number you have dialed is incorrect...")
    11-27-2011 11:22 PM
    The problem is that most of the time you shouldn't even be roaming but it may be the weak antennas that Samsung is known to use for Sprint. Check out my video.

11-28-2011 12:04 AM
    Same here. I think Sprint is slowly removing data roam usage due to tower agreements with vzw.

Samsung Galaxy S II
    I don't think so.
    11-28-2011 04:31 PM
    Also, OP, have you gone in to your roaming settings and disabled ALL roaming options (uncheck voice and data for domestic and international) then re-enable the DATA checkbox on domestic, and it will give you a message to re-enable VOICE as well, do that then... reboot and try one of those areas where you couldn't roam before. You have to be patient when roaming, it takes a little time for the "switch" to happen, even 30 seconds or a minute... you will see the 3G come on and you can load a page. Before doing this, when you're roaming, if you toggle airplane mode, you can get data to kick in but when the phone figures out it's roaming again, it usually will stop the process...
    11-28-2011 04:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD