Text Message Vibration

mrmexican87

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if its possible to only have the phone vibrate when in Vibrate mode? I found an option to vibrate in the text app but if I uncheck, the phone won't vibrate even if the overall sound profile is set to vibrate. I keep missing texts :/ if I leave it checked it vibrates on normal sound profiles and silent

I like the default text app. Dont really feel like its going to make me switch to Handcent just want to see if someone knows a workaround.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

dm3ready

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
Try Simple Sound Profile Widget. I use it to customize....Phone, Notifications and Media. I believe you can configure a profile to suit you.
Good Luck.

L A Z I Z A

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if its possible to only have the phone vibrate when in Vibrate mode? I found an option to vibrate in the text app but if I uncheck, the phone won't vibrate even if the overall sound profile is set to vibrate. I keep missing texts :/ if I leave it checked it vibrates on normal sound profiles and silent

I like the default text app. Dont really feel like its going to make me switch to Handcent just want to see if someone knows a workaround.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure I quite understand what you're asking. So when you receive a text, you want it to do nothing but vibrate, correct?

This is what i do when I want my phone to only vibrate when I receive a text, phone call, etc.: I go to Messaging>Settings>Vibrate and have it checked. Then I go to my home screen and go to Settings>Sound>Vibration set to "Only in silent mode." I have my "ringer volume" down all the way to silent as well of course. This will cause the phone to only vibrate when you receive a text and also only vibrate when you receive a phone call.

Now, if you want your phone to be completely silent, including having no vibration alerts, you do all of the above except that when you go into Settings>Sound>Vibration, you set to "Never." That will cause your phone to neither make a sound nor vibrate when receiving a text, phone call, etc.

Let me know if that works for you Mr. Mexican. :cool: