On most phones I have had I could go into advanced, developer option and set the phone display to be always on when it is charging. I cannot find that setting on this phone. Can this be done? Very handy when in the car or desk top cradles.

Thanks!
    11-29-2011 11:29 PM
    Nope. One quirk I do not like in this phone. Emailed Sprint about it and they say the manufacturer (Samsung) did this by design.

Always on was useful for multiple reasons. I use the phone as a bedside clock/alarm and in the car I like to see what song is playing on Pandora or need to quickly refer to Google Maps.
    11-30-2011 05:05 AM
    On most phones I have had I could go into advanced, developer option and set the phone display to be always on when it is charging. I cannot find that setting on this phone. Can this be done? Very handy when in the car or desk top cradles

Thanks!
    There's an app called stay awake that works well.
    11-30-2011 05:30 AM
    11-30-2011 06:00 AM
    Thanks All! I will try this out during my evening commute home.
    11-30-2011 10:15 AM
    I will give the app a try.

Thanks!
    11-30-2011 11:37 PM
    Woke up this morning and was able to snooze the alarm clock app on the phone without the need to unlock the phone. The app works.

However, when unplugging the phone and the heading out the door, I noticed my phone did not charge all the way through. I looked up the battery usage history and saw that the phone did acknowledge that it was in charging state during the overnight, but the battery level stayed at 33% across the board. Not sure if this app is running CPU resources so high that it was breaking even with the battery charger.

I uninstalled the app if this was the case and kept the phone on the charger while in the car for the morning commute. I'll test this again during the weekend.
    12-01-2011 08:12 AM
    Home>Settings>Applications>Development>tap the "stay awake" box. The phone will remain on but will reset back when battery is changed.
    01-15-2012 09:41 PM
    Home>Settings>Applications>Development>tap the "stay awake" box. The phone will remain on but will reset back when battery is changed.
    Mine doesnt have that option.

Version 2.3.6

Any ideas?
    01-18-2012 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD