3G speeds very slow and often hangs

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Im located in Honolulu, Hawaii, and sprint isn't the greatest out here but I used to get decent 3g speeds. The last two weeks have been terrible, with 1x speeds or less even when t shows good connection. I updated prl and profile several times. Any suggestions?

hawaiijedi

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Jay that explains a lot, I was getting very frustrated. At least I know now why the slow terrible speeds are occurring. I appreciate the quick reply, im surprised they didn't announce this.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I think sometimes announcements like that cause more issues. Sort of like announcing a flu outbreak and the hospitals get hit with people who think they are sick but are not.

Just a guess

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to find out if Sprint has added enhanced 3G or is planning to do so?

Reason asking as.....

So we cancelled our Sprint trial in late September due to extremely poor 3G performance (after spending two weeks running speed tests everywhere we went ... the avg results were in the 100 kbps down, 50 kbps up area) .
We weren't refunded the price of the two Epic Touch's but that was fine as i can sell them when ready easily for over $199 each and they allow for an alternative to our original Droid 's (if only Verizon would've released a galaxy 2 class device!!!!! ).
The Galaxy Nexus still isn't out on Verizon and it seems as if its camera is really poor and after Haifa the ET i can't see going back in quality,, so my point of all of this is that i came back to this forum to see if the performance issues were related to the Sprint network or the radio in the ET - because if the issues are corrected, i would activate these ET's ina flash.

Has there been an update to the Epic Touch that has increased 3G performance? (No wimax in my area)

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I followed the Hawaii update link and there was a link to network.Sprint.com (see Hawaii link in original post to get the exact link) ...

So thru the sprint site u can punch in a zip code and it will show updates mapped out in the past since months as well as planned updates.
There were quite a few updates near me, so maybe we will be able to use our epic touch's again. I can go to the local Sprint store and hopefully they will have an epic touch demo model, i can load any site or attempt to play a YouTube video abd right away will know if things have gotten Better, problem is that they usually only have phones setup with wifi at the local store, perhaps because the service it turned out is so slow... which we found out after purchasing, had to cancel our trial ...

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Theres also supposed to be an update coming down the pipe sometime in December to address LOS, GPS and a few other service and my guess is modem issues.

I would think these would address the slow data speeds on the devices. One can hope.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia