So, anybody else have a chance to hold two E4GT's side by side? My wife and I are both trialing units, and mine has a much more pronounced bluish tint. I remember reading something about variability with Super AMOLED Plus screens, but the significance of the difference surprised me.

It's not that either one is so much better or worse, but they sure are different...
    12-01-2011 05:38 PM
    Auto brightness could have a play in this. Try setting both of them to Max brightness and see if they differ. The auto seems to bounce around a lot
    12-01-2011 05:48 PM
    Auto brightness could have a play in this. Try setting both of them to Max brightness and see if they differ. The auto seems to bounce around a lot
    Yep, did that. On max brightness, same screen mode setting, in identical light, and looking at identical screen images, mine is simply colder (i.e., more blue) than hers. This includes when holding it off-angle (when mine becomes quite blue, and hers more of a blue-grey).
    12-01-2011 06:40 PM
    Yeah, mines on the bluish side also. But it still looks damn good to me

Samsung Galaxy S II from Sprint
    12-01-2011 07:03 PM
    Could you take pictures of them side-by-side? I'm curious as to how this looks.
    12-01-2011 08:49 PM
    Did you guys check if you guys are using the same screen mode? (settings/display/screen mode) it doesn't make much of a difference but it does change the color alightly
    12-02-2011 02:32 PM
    Did you guys check if you guys are using the same screen mode? (settings/display/screen mode) it doesn't make much of a difference but it does change the color alightly
    Good thought, but he said above that he used the same screen mode setting for both.
    12-02-2011 02:53 PM
    I got a replacement unit from amazon, holding both phones side by side, the color difference is definitely noticeable. The new phone has a much warmer color display & is noticeably brighter at full brightness where as the older one was colder and there was a progressive blue tint to the display at off angle. the new one gets a slightly goldish tint.
    12-28-2011 04:29 PM
    Like it was mentioned you have 3 screen modes Dynamic, Standard, and Movie and they do make a difference.Just double checking.

If its "bad" I take it back to Sprint and have them change it for you.
    12-29-2011 04:49 AM
    Like it was mentioned you have 3 screen modes Dynamic, Standard, and Movie and they do make a difference.Just double checking.

If its "bad" I take it back to Sprint and have them change it for you.
    I keep it at standard. what i was trying to figure out was whether the new phone has the better display or the older one. at low brightness looking at a black or grey screen, the new one definitely has more blemishes, dots & lines. driving myself nuts so i'm just gonna ignore it and be happy with what i have.

btw, the replacement wasn't for the display, i had a partially broken power button.
    12-29-2011 06:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD