I was just curious as my friend has the galaxy s2 tmobile version and he seems to love the app. He claims it helped his battery life greatly. I was just wondering if any of you tried it for our cool device here on sprint?
    12-01-2011 09:46 PM
    I don't think it helped his battery life at all. It's probably just the battery life being always great already.
    12-01-2011 10:28 PM
    I bought it the other day during amazons $1.99 sale for the ultimate...well, it sucks.

My battery used to be around 50-60% by dinner time with light use,, now its in the 20s by that time..
    12-02-2011 02:15 AM
    I just started using it the past couple of days, after the $1.99 sale. I made it through the day yesterday, morning until night, but not sure that was the app. I was hitting 30% by 6 PM, then all of a sudden I made it to 11 PM or so the day before I got JD. So, not sure what changed with my ATT Galaxy S II, and not sure if it is this app of something else. We'll see...
    12-02-2011 07:46 AM
    I tried the app and i personally did not see and huge improvement. It really depends on how you use your phone.
    12-02-2011 10:29 AM
    I just got the app yesterday when I read this forum. Currently using the light version but I will honestly say that I do notice a difference in my battery life.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 10:34 AM
    From my experience, I found it to do more harm than good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 10:40 AM
    I have this app for the sole reason of turning off wifi while I'm at home. For some reason my router EATS cell phone batteries.
    Anyway, it's a decent app. If you don't know what it does, basically it disables all data and turns them on ever so often (15 minutes is the default) and allows all of your synching to run.

There is a bug with this app for our phone though, if you have data disabled and someone sends you an MMS message, the message will never download. Just a heads up. I leave my data on all the time and just disable wifi.
    12-02-2011 02:31 PM
    Most people think they use more juice than they save.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk
    12-02-2011 02:47 PM
    It worked great on my EVO 3D. Battery life almost doubled. But on my Galaxy S II, it's a waste of space. I have deleted it in the last few weeks. Battery life is the same without it.
    12-02-2011 06:16 PM
    I think it helps. As stated in the literature it has to learn your habits and then goes on auto. If you do the same thing every day, don't move around, then maybe nothing. It turns things off automatically when I am not using them if I leave the house. I would like someone to explain to me after 4-5 days why it doesn't work for them? I got Ultimate, not sure what value that has over Plus or Light, but for the money I like it. I also have 2 spare batteries which sit in my drawer.
    12-02-2011 07:44 PM
    thank you everybody for your quick replies I think I may just hold off on juice defender.

I think it helps. As stated in the literature it has to learn your habits and then goes on auto. If you do the same thing every day, don't move around, then maybe nothing. It turns things off automatically when I am not using them if I leave the house. I would like someone to explain to me after 4-5 days why it doesn't work for them? I got Ultimate, not sure what value that has over Plus or Light, but for the money I like it. I also have 2 spare batteries which sit in my drawer.
    12-02-2011 08:48 PM
    First full day of use with Ultimate; I found it making a big difference on the Aggressive setting. More layer.
    12-03-2011 06:48 AM
    I tried it and ended up uninstalling it. It worked...but it was shutting off stuff I didn't want shut off and I was missing things I didn't want to miss. Not worth the hassle to me. The battery life is already awesome, I was just trying to sprinkle a little unicorn dust on my phone and make it last for 4 months without charging.
    12-03-2011 10:16 AM
    I have been using this APP since I had my EVO 4g. It greatly improves my battery life. I have everything set up custon, I can use my phone decently for most of the day and still have 40% battery life. This combined with an app killer program that I have set up to automatically kill app every x minutes my battery life is amazing. Before I did this I would be charging my battery half way through the day.
    12-04-2011 08:48 AM
    I tried it and ended up uninstalling it. It worked...but it was shutting off stuff I didn't want shut off and I was missing things I didn't want to miss. Not worth the hassle to me. The battery life is already awesome, I was just trying to sprinkle a little unicorn dust on my phone and make it last for 4 months without charging.
    Set it up custom and you can keep it from turning those things off.
    12-04-2011 08:49 AM
    So JD is working nicely on my SGSII on Aggressive mode. I used my phone heavily all day yesterday (camera, normal activity, heavy gallery use, Picasa uploads, etc., most outside of WiFi range) and ended the night still at 25%. I think the app works really well.
    12-05-2011 09:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD