Hi, I don't know why but my screen doesn't turn on when I receive a text message, and I can't seem to find any sort of setting to enable that. I know for a fact that my friend's at&t s2 does turn the screen on when a text is received. This really helps if I have both the vibrate and ringtones off when I am in a class/meeting, otherwise the only way I can tell a text is received is by the little blinking led. Thanks.
    12-05-2011 12:17 PM
    I don't think our version can do that. However, gosms does have that option. Give it a try

Sent from my Blazing E4GT
    12-05-2011 12:25 PM
    I haven't used the stock SMS app in so long I can't remember if it does this or not. However, i know that the app I use, GOSMS Pro, definitely does it. You can also set it to give you pop-ups and unlock your lock screen. It has far more functionality than the stock messaging app.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2011 12:27 PM
    You're 2 minutes late jay ;-)

12-05-2011 12:32 PM
    You're 2 minutes late jay ;-)

LOL. I type too slow on the phone. Being long-winded doesn't help either.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-05-2011 12:38 PM
    Thanks guys! I'll try out gosms.
    12-05-2011 12:46 PM
    Ours doesn't turn on because we have a notification light. The other verisons of the GSII do not have the light.
    12-05-2011 01:05 PM
    Handcent sms also has the option for turning the screen on, I use it and get along well with it.
    12-05-2011 01:49 PM
    I'd rather have the LED light blink than have my screen turn on. To be honest though, I'd also rather use the stock sms as it works just fine. No need to have gosms or handscent to replace it only to have an update that borks something in the app causing issues and making me go postal on someone.
    12-05-2011 02:02 PM
    There's a free app in the market called SMSPopup, which makes the stock SMS behave more like you would expect. It turns on/unlocks the screen, pops up an actual notification box with Close/Delete/Reply buttons (rather than just the icon in the top tray), has a customizable 2, 5, or 10 minute reminder, and allows you to customize the LED notification color and flash speed (although I haven't gotten that to work, I'm waiting on a reply from the developer about it).

Just make sure you turn the stock notifications OFF once you install it, or else it'll act weird.
    12-05-2011 03:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD