I've had my Sprint GS2 for about a week now and through that time the battery life has not lived up to my expectations. I've read in reviews that the battery is good for about 3 days of regular use, but I just can't see how that's possible.

I've had to recharge my battery daily and it takes a good 8 hours through USB to get a full charge, which is entirely too long. I'm not using wi-fi or 4G either.

Is this normal or should I not have to recharge and wait this long for a full charge?

My Android is stock, no custom roms or rooting. My daily usage with it is pretty basic. Mainly texting, e-mail, calls, and a couple hours of browsing youtube forces me to charge once or twice a day. It gets a lot of idle time though.

Overall I love the phone, I thought the video quality would be better, but that and battery life are my only gripes. How's everyone else's experience in regards to the battery been?
    12-05-2011 09:43 PM
    This phone by a far has the best battery life of any phone I had. I can easily go all day with pretty heavy usage and by the end of the day I'm anywhere from 40 to 50% left, thats with wi-fi on and some bluetooth when in the car. As far as charging time using the usb does take alot longer than using a wall charger.
    12-06-2011 12:39 AM
    As far as charging time using the usb does take alot longer than using a wall charger.
    10x longer to be exact.. The phone only draws 100mA from a USB port. The power cube provides 1000mA.

Mine has been lasting roughly a day since I got it.. But I'm sure that will eventually increase when the 'constantly playing with the new toy' obsession dies down.
    12-06-2011 12:45 AM
    Can you link where you saw 3 days of regular use? That's not possible on any Android phone, including this one. 3 days of very light use maybe, but not what most people consider regular.

One of the biggest enemies of this phone's battery is the screen. Keep the brightness as low as you can. Otherwise, it performs great. I can get around 15 hours with 4 hours of screen in time on a charge with moderate use. Although I do undervolt the cpu for battery savings.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 01:00 AM
    What is your screen on time? It is more power efficient to use WiFi so you should turn that on when you have access to it.
    12-06-2011 07:51 AM
    Signal strength can have a big impact on battery life as well. When I am out in the truck for the day in poor coverage areas I have to keep my phone plugged in or my battery will nose dive. This applies to any and all phones to some degree but smartphones are always looking for a data connection for some reason or another.

I can typically get most of the day without plugging in, I use WiFi as often as possible like others have mentioned, it does help. I'm sure turning the screen down would help, but one of the reasons I love this phone is the screen and I leave my brightness all the way up because I like it there. Also look for any parasitic programs that are active more often than need be.
    12-06-2011 09:10 AM
    I've had my Sprint GS2 for about a week now and through that time the battery life has not lived up to my expectations. I've read in reviews that the battery is good for about 3 days of regular use, but I just can't see how that's possible.
    How to get three days of heavy use out of a stock battery.

Step 1: leave the phone off for the first two days
    Step 2: use phone on the 3rd day.

I have a bridge, I would like to sell you - Sorry, just had say that

I hope you were not serious about 3 days - if you have very poor signal, you could down a battery in 2 hours or less and gets super hot, just with the phone at idle. I have had that happen to me two or three times when a Sprint tower was shut down in my area. I would like to see a link stating three days of even normal usage on a stock battery - I am guessing on best case scenario, if was on a 3200mah batteries to even come close to that uptime.
    12-06-2011 03:37 PM
    I concur. With full signal and wifi always on i might could go 2 days.. if i was lucky. Otherwise i have to charge mine every night.
    When i am using it a lot at work, listening to BT stereo headphones, streaming a podcast or what ever i have to charge it around 4pm so i have a somewhat full battery for the ride home and remainder of the night.
    12-07-2011 05:43 PM
    I have battery issues as well. This seems off to you?
    12-08-2011 03:12 PM
    This phone by a far has the best battery life of any phone I had. I can easily go all day with pretty heavy usage and by the end of the day I'm anywhere from 40 to 50% left, thats with wi-fi on and some bluetooth when in the car. As far as charging time using the usb does take alot longer than using a wall charger.
    What are your settings on? I have an ultra-extended battery and primarily use my phone for email, news, etc. I wonder why I have only 20% left at the end of the day. Thanks!
    12-08-2011 05:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD