I REALLY like the E4GT, but Sprint has the Evo 3d on sale for $50. Is there any way to justify spending $150 more for the E4GT? I am a SERO customer, so I can't get the E4GT on amazon or wirefly for less. Any chance that Sprint will have a sale on the E4GT in the near future?

I would mainly be using the phone for websurfing, calls, and photos. I have no use for 3d. Thoughts on what I should do?
    12-05-2011 10:55 PM
    Yeah, the E4GT kicks the Evo3D down the stairs and takes its lunch money.

The Evo3D was sold mainly on the stupid 3D gimmick, but then they realized that nobody but a 6 year old can appreciate parallax barrier (wannabe) 3D. That's why they dropped the price so quick. The E4GT is pretty much the phone to beat on Sprint right now, and it'll probably stay at this price point until the Nexus comes out - then they'll knock $50 off it.

If for nothing else, buy the E4GT for the SAMOLED display. It is so crispy! If you want it for the photos, the E4GT has 8MP vs the 3D's 5
    wmwest74 likes this.
    12-06-2011 12:28 AM
    I went through 3 Evo 3D's before I settled with the Photon (great phone BTW) and now the E4GT. The E4GT makes the Evo 3D (in every aspect) look really, REALLY bad as a smartphone.
    12-06-2011 02:30 AM
    just got the epic touch myself and although haven't had a Evo 3D myself I can tell you that the Epic is easily worth the $200 investment. Friend of mine has the 3D and she likes it and I was quite impressed actually with the 3D (I'm not really interested in 3D much myself). Having said that, last week I brought my Evo 4g into the Sprint repair center because the light leakage at the bottom of the screen was driving me mad. The repair center guy said, this is pretty normal, and we all know that. What surprised me was that he took out HIS 3D and said "look, even my 3D does the same thing." Needless to say I had them replace the screen anyway only to have the light leakage actually worse with the new screen. oh well SAMOLED plus all the way!!!
    12-06-2011 06:05 AM
    I have the EVO 3D, Photon, and Phone With the Longest Name in the World on my desk as developer phones.

Last week, I ditched my year-old Epic slider for the Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic Touch 4G SPH-D710 and the Deathly Hallows Part Two as my personal phone.

The EVO 3D is a fine phone. It's just thicker & heavier and has a slightly smaller screen. It runs the benchmarks slower than the SGSIIET4G, but I haven't found any apps, including games, that the EVO 3D doesn't run just fine. Some folks even like Sense more than TouchWiz.

So, is the EVO 3D worth 50 bucks? Heck, yes. It's a good deal at 50 bucks. It's better than Sprint's other $50 dollar Android phones (the Nexus S last time I looked).

Is the Epic Touch worth 149 more? If you have $199, yes. It crushes the EVO 3D in every measureable way. And you'll rationalize the extra $149 after carrying the fatter, heavier EVO in your pocket over a 24-month contract. If you don't have the $149 and can't amortize it over the contract, no worries. The EVO 3D will do just fine and still be a nicer phone than the iPhone.

--Qfg
    werkx likes this.
    12-06-2011 10:58 AM
    If you want a high resolution screen and/or 3D, then the 3D is the clear choice. Everything else I would say go with the GS2.
    12-06-2011 11:33 AM
    amazon wireless has the epic for 99 bucks

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    12-06-2011 11:47 PM
    That's new accounts only. It's still $150 on upgrade, and that doesn't help him either because he's on SERO.
    12-07-2011 02:23 AM
    Thanks for the input everyone. I might hold out for a sale for the Epic Touch. What are the odds that the price gets knocked down in the near future?

Since the Galaxy Nexus is $300, I'm less hopeful that the E4GT will go less than $200 in the coming months. Maybe Sprint will start pushing LTE soon?
    12-07-2011 07:48 AM
    This is pure speculation but I'd guess the Epic touch is going to stay pretty close to the $200 mark at least until after CES in january. I'd guess Sprint will announce a few new phones at that time. There might be one that out-does the epic touch by adding a higher resolution display (something to compete with the RAZR et.al.) or possibly a tegra 3 dual core phone that might be a bit faster then the Epic Touch.

Sprint is saying LTE won't be ready until 3rd quarter of next year so that may be a bit of a wait.
    12-07-2011 09:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD