Improved Sprint Data Connection...

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Well just ran a speed test this morning and considering I have been getting 150-300 down for the last month or so this is a great improvement. I will watch it to see if it is consistent. I guess my voice was heard:D

Arsise

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I have also seen improved 3G speeds in my area as well. Usually I would get .10 Mb down and .20 up. Lately I've been getting 1 Mb Down and .80 Up. If sprint keeps this up ill probably stay with them.

108976540.png

INCyr

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Dang, I wish I could say the same. Did you guys get the OTA update for the phone? I haven't yet, and I keep hoping that I will, and that it'll make a difference. I really really really want to stay with sprint, but if I can't get signal in my office, I'm just not sure it's worth it. I don't even need 4G, I'd be happy with enough 3G that allows me to stream music.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I still dont have a notification for the update yet, so nope. I guess Sprint is Really upgrading the NOW network. I just hope the speeds are consistent. I dont like to be teased :p

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I so much want to activate our two epic touches leftover from a Sprint trial when the ET was released. Download speeds here were luck to get 100 kbps and upload like 50! We love the phone and stuck with Verizon and m original Droid as Verizon won't release a Galaxy S2 variant.
I'd rather a galaxy two than the galaxy nexus as its camera bites, but now Verizon keep delaying, heck won't even announced a gnexus release date.
I see on the map that Sprint has updated towers in this area but I'm afraid o end up with super slow speeds. I wish i could activation for a day just to test!
So i jumped on here hoping to see if the new update has improved anyone's speed results.

Thru this thread i haven't seen yet if the update has made a difference or not, is it that not many updates have been pushed out?

RocketNJ

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I've been testing the E4GT here for abot three weeks. The data speeds are bad. The WiFi signal is even worse.

The dealer keeps stating they are doing work on towers in the area and last week stated the data coverage should be better. Did a lot of drive testing. Did not find any 4G coverage in the county (we are about 40 miles west of New York City and not listed as being in 4G coverage). Tested 3G compared to a Droid X2 on Verizon.

Average speeds on the E4GT were a dismal 350k down/300k up with best speeds achieved of 1.1 meg down /1 meg up. The Droid X2 on Verizon averaged 650k down/ 400k up with peak speeds af 2.2 meg down/1.2 meg up. At just about every spot I tested the 3G speed the Verizon was faster, sometimes at least double.

WiFi testing shows the E4GT WiFi receivie signal to be about 8 dB lower than the X2. I can use the X2 in my family room on WiFi but the E4GT will not lock on to the WiFi signal in that part of the house.

After reading on these forums and on the Sprint User forums I am fairly convinced the phone has issues with both the 3G and WiFi modem.

Been waiting for the magical update for the phone but still not receivied.

To put icing on the cake, All of the discussions about Clearwire and their finincial problems coupled with Sprint's desire to abandon WiMAX and go LTE leads me to believe there will be no future expansion of WiMAX. In other words if you are not in WiMAX coverage now, DON't buy the E4GT!

The E4GT is going back to the dealer tomorrow. Being a decent sized government account, we have a longer return period than the normal consumer.

RocketNJ

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
i just got 70 kbps down and 20 up, not what I call improvement.

Aee my other port in this thread. After three weeks of heavy testing I feel the E4GT has issues with both 3G and WiFi. Some on the Sprint User forums feel it is a hardware issue and that may be the reason why other phones are faster on the same network.

D.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
What areas are you guys in? I have yet to have a chance to test out my 4g, just haven't been to a coverage area yet (which around me would be Boston I think, about an hour and a half away).

Night Train

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Thru this thread i haven't seen yet if the update has made a difference or not, is it that not many updates have been pushed out?
FWIW, I have not had the update. It's not been available to me as of yet.

How cool would it be if those speeds improved after I finally do get the update? :)

fivegear

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Don't be jealous of my screaming connection.... Sprint, if you are reading this I am growing VERY VERY tired of waiting for my speeds to increase! This has been a typical result on my closest tower for YEARS. We have yet to receive 3G let alone 4G.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I have not had the update. It's not been available to me as of yet.

How cool would it be if those speeds improved after I finally do get the update? :)
That's nice, if u get faster speeds post update will be amazing for Sprint!

I'm afraid to activate these epic touches . I wish i could just perform a speed test and determine if recent upgrades in this area have helped.

pushdrops

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Even though our epic touches aren't activated, via wifi a 48.6mb update just appeared. Haven't installed until i read up more on the update.
Using them Wi-Fi only at least still love the ET.