Can someone help describe the different forms off data storage for my memory card. I'm not sure if I have an issue but I tried to install a Adrenaline HD and when it tries to download files it says I have enough room on my mrmory card and I have to delete 596 MB from my applications.

I have 14.83GB total space on my SD card, 11.49 GB available. USB storage has 11.5GB total space with 442MB available. Device memory has 1.29GB available.

If I go to my files and look under the /sdcard/usbstorage, it is empty. I only have about 100 pictures on my phone but probably have about 30-40 apps. I did use mybackup pro to transfer files from my droid incredible and that has caused issues in the past. If anyone can help me understand this I would appreciate it. Thanks
    12-06-2011 07:00 PM
    My usb storage is always empty as well. What gets stored in it?
    12-07-2011 03:06 AM
    Anyone?
    12-07-2011 04:09 PM
    My usb storage is always empty as well. What gets stored in it?
    I am mt also. Does the external take over?
    12-08-2011 08:30 AM
    Bueller?
    12-08-2011 07:09 PM
    Anyone have an idea?
    12-09-2011 06:42 AM
    The file system on the 4GT is a little different than what you are thinking.

When you are looking at your phone through the file browser, everything that is in root directory "/sdcard" is actually located in what the phone calls USB Storage. This is where the majority of the files go whenever data is stored from apps and such. The /sdcard/usbStorage folder is actually a folder used for various functions when the phone is connected to a computer via usbStorage mode.

When looking through your file list you should see a directory that says "external_sd". This would be items stored on the inserted SD Card.
    12-09-2011 06:46 AM

When you are looking at your phone through the file browser, everything that is in root directory "/sdcard" is actually located in what the phone calls USB Storage. This is where the majority of the files go whenever data is stored from apps and such. The /sdcard/usbStorage folder is actually a folder used for various functions when the phone is connected to a computer via usbStorage mode.

When looking through your file list you should see a directory that says "external_sd". This would be items stored on the inserted SD Card.
    Thank you. So it must be a problem with the game. Since there is so much space on my sd card.
    12-09-2011 03:14 PM

Thanks for explaining this. I still can't understand why I have gigabytes of space available and asphalt 6 tells me that I don't have enough space on my memory card that has 13 GBof space. It tells me that I need to delete 617 MB of applications. Device memory has 1.36 GB available.
    12-11-2011 07:48 AM
    wow, what are the chances, my Storage shows that I have 1.36GB of device memory left too.
    12-11-2011 09:01 AM
    I have 1.35 GB available in Device Memory, 8.92 GB available in USB Storage, and 11.39 GB available on the SD Card, and I am getting an error that my device has insufficient memory. The program I'm trying to download is Star Chart and Market says it's about 28 MB. I have plenty of space for that.

In the great words of Samir Nagheenanajar, "Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"
    12-14-2011 10:51 AM
    How to solve this problem. I had the same problem.. I couldn't find USB Mass Storage anywhere. It had vanished. Here is what to do:-

1. Obviously have USB Debugging on ((S.A.D, (settings, applications, development)
    2. Connect your phone to the PC.
    3. When the USB connected icon appears on the top of the notifications screen on the phone, slide the notifications screen down. (press the top of the screen and slide it down slowly)
    5. Touch "USB connected" and the rest is self-explanatory
    6. Have a beer...
    08-12-2012 10:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD