On voice recongnition in the settings there are two choices:
    Google or Vlingo.

Whats the differnce and which is prefered?

Also text to speech Samsung TTS or Pico TTS
    (I have no idea what the difference is)

Thanks in advance
    12-07-2011 03:01 AM
    I think the google versus Vlingo is more server based. Anytime you use Google VR i THINK (key word is THINK) that is gets some of its info from google servers.
    I still have not used any voice services on my device. I have been meaning to do that. LOL
    12-07-2011 05:58 PM
    Google VR is Google's own VR software and it's basic. Vlingo is a third party app that somehow got in good with Samsung that's more intuitive.

Vlingo does more such as read text messages and email natively. Pico TTS needs other 3rd party software to read text and email. If you use Vlingo, use samsung TTS (text to speech) as it sounds better and gives you options on how it sounds. If you you use pico TTS, your stuck with one sound only (sounds like the original TTS found on the EVO, EVO 3D, etc.). If you pair Vlingo with svox TTS (in the app market free or paid), you can download voices ( not free ) for custom personalization.

I personally like and use Vlingo with svox TTS (grace voice) (in driving mode when paired with bluetooth) for a total hands free experience when driving.
    scott_0 likes this.
    12-07-2011 07:18 PM
    Thanks for the info
    12-08-2011 02:43 AM
    I'm not sure which one I chose. How to I change to the Samsung one?
    03-27-2012 10:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD