12-17-2011 05:41 PM
211 12345 ...
tools
    i have tried everything; i guess ill get it when i get it
    12-08-2011 02:08 PM
    Just rebooted my phone and still no option to update.

12:40 p.m. Washington state....
    12-08-2011 02:41 PM
    Yep, numbered homepages are gone. Other changes you'll notice in the ROM is blue overscroll glow replaces the "bounce" effect, and there are now little directional arrows on the stock lockscreen. Nothing major otherwise though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    LMAO. I could have used those arrows on the Lockscreen the day I bought my phone. I headed out to my car, turned the screen on, and saw the full size lockscreen. I had no clue I had to swipe it and thought my phone was frozen on some strange looking page so I went back in the store. The rep had to show me how to unlock my freakin' phone. Now there are instructions on how to unlock your phone on the screen for morons like me.
    dollface and Sole07 like this.
    12-08-2011 05:20 PM
    Just an FYI regarding the update if you haven't gotten it yet ...

Checking for updates does not speed the process along at all. All it does is check the phone's internal memory whether it has received the update notification from the GOTA servers yet. This is why it responds instantly, it does not have to connect to anything since it is not checking in anywhere. There is no official way to speed this process along. Phones are picked at random by Google to receive the update push. Full rollout is completed 10 days after the release (today).
    From a reply on the Sprint community forum for our phone.
    12-08-2011 07:15 PM
    Oh, boo. It's odd how the 3g or wifi icons disappear while it's "checking". What I don't get is why it said it failed to complete the firmware download a few times while at work with crap reception and then says there's no update when in a better area or at home.
    12-08-2011 08:55 PM
    Nothing here in phoenix,AZ Keep getting LOS when I go into mall or any dead zones smh
    12-09-2011 12:04 AM
    Nothing in Vegas
    12-09-2011 12:11 AM
    still nothing here in suburb of Chicago
    Chicago burbs, got my notification around 1pm... Miss the numbered pages for apps
    12-09-2011 12:18 AM
    Miss the numbered pages for apps
    What? Do tell. Did they bork the numbers for app pages and home screens? Whatever would they do that for?
    12-09-2011 01:10 AM
    Chicago burbs, got my notification around 1pm... Miss the numbered pages for apps
    still waiting...
    12-09-2011 07:19 AM
    Still nothing in NoVA. Really wanting this update before my 2 weeks are up, so I can see if it fixes my issues with Sprint.
    12-09-2011 09:24 AM
    Updates are not based on region at all guys. Google's over the air (GOTA) servers choose phones at random.
    12-09-2011 09:50 AM
    What? Do tell. Did they bork the numbers for app pages and home screens? Whatever would they do that for?
    Yeah they got rid of the numbers. Who knows why.
    12-09-2011 09:50 AM
    any other changes?
    12-09-2011 09:56 AM
    Well... day 3 and still waiting, and the LOS thing is driving me nuts. I'm trying to pull Sentinel 3, one of the ten cent apps, and there's an in-game download required too. I get to about 25% and without fail, because of my spotty coverage in my house, I lose signal and - even though this download is going over wifi! - it "loses connection to server" and makes me start over from zero.

I'm starting to get pissed now. The LOS bug was an annoyance, but never a legitimate hindrance like this. I want a way to force the damn update!
    12-09-2011 12:16 PM
    Well... day 3 and still waiting, and the LOS thing is driving me nuts. I'm trying to pull Sentinel 3, one of the ten cent apps, and there's an in-game download required too. I get to about 25% and without fail, because of my spotty coverage in my house, I lose signal and - even though this download is going over wifi! - it "loses connection to server" and makes me start over from zero.

I'm starting to get pissed now. The LOS bug was an annoyance, but never a legitimate hindrance like this. I want a way to force the damn update!
    Android market is having major problems, its not your connection.
    12-09-2011 12:39 PM
    Android market is having major problems, its not your connection.
    It's not downloading from the android market, it's an in-app download from the app distributor. One of those "to run, this game will need an additional X mb download, click here to get it!" sorts.
    12-09-2011 12:47 PM
    It's not downloading from the android market, it's an in-app download from the app distributor. One of those "to run, this game will need an additional X mb download, click here to get it!" sorts.
    I see
    12-09-2011 12:52 PM
    My father and I got our phones on Wednesday and he got the update this morning (California) and the dang phone wasn't even activated yet. I activated mine on Wednesday and still haven't gotten the update.
    12-09-2011 02:41 PM
    Twice now, I got the update and it immediatley said "Firmware update failed to download, Reason..no service..codeXXXXXXXX, please try again later."

WTH?? I got this message when I woke up this morning and tried all day to re-push it to my phone and nothing. I got home from work and pulled the batt and restarted. VOILA! It started to DL! Woohoo I said all giddy and crap. But after 2%....I got the same message as before. I retried the batt pull, push, multiple restarts and everything else under the sun to no avail. I have GREAT service at my house as I live just 3 blocks from a Sprint tower so I know that's not the problem. The only real reason I can think of is that Google is having a hard time with it...or Samsung is pushing it out to a select few to see if it borks up our phones. My guess is sammy is quality testing if you know what I mean!
    firedoc likes this.
    12-09-2011 06:45 PM
    This fix will be a believe it when I see it as I have yet to see anything in regards to an update alert or be able to force the download. Come on Google/Sammy! Fix the damn thing already!
    12-09-2011 09:58 PM
    SO to the people who have already got the update. Did you have 3G on or wifi at the time? Been trying since it was announced they are pushing the update out. Nothing yet D;
    12-10-2011 01:44 AM
    SO to the people who have already got the update. Did you have 3G on or wifi at the time? Been trying since it was announced they are pushing the update out. Nothing yet D;
    Both times I received it I was on 3G but I've been trying wifi as well. I believe it doesn't make a difference.
    12-10-2011 03:50 AM
    still haven't received it; 20 miles south of chicago
    12-10-2011 08:48 AM
    Nothing here in MA as of noon Saturday.
    12-10-2011 10:59 AM
211 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD