Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
JayWill, I see you are running a rom / kernel and are therefore (I'm assuming) rooted. Are you going to download and install the update when it (if it) rolls to your device or are you just going to update in another way?

No. The update is a delta off the EG30 base firmware, not a full system (saves on data bandwidth by doing it this way), so it will only update an original system. It will probably let you download the update, but the install will fail.

If you are on the EG30 baseband (modem), you can download and flash the EK02 modem in CWM. You can also flash the stock EK02 kernel this way as well. These were pulled off a phone a couple weeks ago that got the update early. If Phantom Hacker updates Starburst to the EK02 base, then you'll technically have the full update.

When Calkulin updated his ROM to the EK02 base, I had the full update at that time. I'm not even sure if the system is going to prompt me that an update is available as I technically already have it heh. I'm thinking not.

Reactions: dragonol2

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I definitely dont want to be the first. Sammy doesnt exactly have the best track record for updates. But then again i am thinking of the Epic 4G. LOL

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I definitely dont want to be the first. Sammy doesnt exactly have the best track record for updates. But then again i am thinking of the Epic 4G. LOL

This update works well. I've been running it for a couple of weeks with no issues. The only thing I've read about is a rare WiFi bug where you can connect to WiFi but cannot transmit data. Samsung knows about it, because they asked someone who they pushed the update out to early if they had experienced it. But apparently it didn't happen often enough for them to delay the update.

dragonol2

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
No. The update is a delta off the EG30 base firmware, not a full system (saves on data bandwidth by doing it this way), so it will only update an original system. It will probably let you download the update, but the install will fail.

If you are on the EG30 baseband (modem), you can download and flash the EK02 modem in CWM. You can also flash the stock EK02 kernel this way as well. These were pulled off a phone a couple weeks ago that got the update early. If Phantom Hacker updates Starburst to the EK02 base, then you'll technically have the full update.

When Calkulin updated his ROM to the EK02 base, I had the full update at that time. I'm not even sure if the system is going to prompt me that an update is available as I technically already have it heh. I'm thinking not.

I think I'll do just that... Go find stable versions of the EK02 modern and kernel and just flash those through CWM rather than wait for the update to push. Hopefully it doesn't interfere too much with phantom's theme and ROM...

Weech21

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

Hey Jay I have the same thing as you but still have the EG30 baseband is there any difference.

freddyc

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes restart. And to comfort people I've had no issues so far. Although unless I'm mistaken they've made a small cosmetic change. You know how when you use the slide at the bottom of the screen to quickly move to a different window? Didn't it have numbers for the different screens? It doesn't after the update.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes restart. And to comfort people I've had no issues so far. Although unless I'm mistaken they've made a small cosmetic change. You know how when you use the slide at the bottom of the screen to quickly move to a different window? Didn't it have numbers for the different screens? It doesn't after the update.

Yep, numbered homepages are gone. Other changes you'll notice in the ROM is blue overscroll glow replaces the "bounce" effect, and there are now little directional arrows on the stock lockscreen. Nothing major otherwise though.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

oskar1995

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Nothing in NJ/PA here (home/work). I've tried rebooting, no luck. I tried a battery pull (nothing). It had been awhile since I restarted (mid November when it died one night in Vegas at like 3 in the morning). I'm not experiencing LOS so I'm not in any rush to update since it doesn't seem like much else gets addressed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae