Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?

INCyr

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing in NoVA. Really wanting this update before my 2 weeks are up, so I can see if it fixes my issues with Sprint.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Updates are not based on region at all guys. Google's over the air (GOTA) servers choose phones at random.

beavertank

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Well... day 3 and still waiting, and the LOS thing is driving me nuts. I'm trying to pull Sentinel 3, one of the ten cent apps, and there's an in-game download required too. I get to about 25% and without fail, because of my spotty coverage in my house, I lose signal and - even though this download is going over wifi! - it "loses connection to server" and makes me start over from zero.

I'm starting to get pissed now. The LOS bug was an annoyance, but never a legitimate hindrance like this. I want a way to force the damn update!

Yvette

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well... day 3 and still waiting, and the LOS thing is driving me nuts. I'm trying to pull Sentinel 3, one of the ten cent apps, and there's an in-game download required too. I get to about 25% and without fail, because of my spotty coverage in my house, I lose signal and - even though this download is going over wifi! - it "loses connection to server" and makes me start over from zero.

I'm starting to get pissed now. The LOS bug was an annoyance, but never a legitimate hindrance like this. I want a way to force the damn update!
Android market is having major problems, its not your connection.

beavertank

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Android market is having major problems, its not your connection.

It's not downloading from the android market, it's an in-app download from the app distributor. One of those "to run, this game will need an additional X mb download, click here to get it!" sorts.

13curly

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
My father and I got our phones on Wednesday and he got the update this morning (California) and the dang phone wasn't even activated yet. I activated mine on Wednesday and still haven't gotten the update.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Twice now, I got the update and it immediatley said "Firmware update failed to download, Reason..no service..codeXXXXXXXX, please try again later."

WTH?? I got this message when I woke up this morning and tried all day to re-push it to my phone and nothing. I got home from work and pulled the batt and restarted. VOILA! It started to DL! Woohoo I said all giddy and crap. But after 2%....I got the same message as before. I retried the batt pull, push, multiple restarts and everything else under the sun to no avail. I have GREAT service at my house as I live just 3 blocks from a Sprint tower so I know that's not the problem. The only real reason I can think of is that Google is having a hard time with it...or Samsung is pushing it out to a select few to see if it borks up our phones. My guess is sammy is quality testing if you know what I mean!

Reactions: firedoc

YBCold

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
This fix will be a believe it when I see it as I have yet to see anything in regards to an update alert or be able to force the download. Come on Google/Sammy! Fix the damn thing already!

Lucki

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
SO to the people who have already got the update. Did you have 3G on or wifi at the time? Been trying since it was announced they are pushing the update out. Nothing yet D;

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
SO to the people who have already got the update. Did you have 3G on or wifi at the time? Been trying since it was announced they are pushing the update out. Nothing yet D;

Both times I received it I was on 3G but I've been trying wifi as well. I believe it doesn't make a difference.

mrcminnesota

Apr 10, 2010
Visit site
I have not received yet either but I am sure the loss of screen numbers was not intentional - I am assuming it was a code that was missed in the deploy. Although I don't think I will miss them. But, I want to know what the "ROM" blue light is that was mentioned earlier - can someone explain where I would see that. Thanks:)

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have not received yet either but I am sure the loss of screen numbers was not intentional - I am assuming it was a code that was missed in the deploy. Although I don't think I will miss them. But, I want to know what the "ROM" blue light is that was mentioned earlier - can someone explain where I would see that. Thanks:)

When you hit the bottom or top of a page that scrolls up and down, like a web page or settings menu, the current ROM will "bounce" if you try to drag further than it will go. That has been replaced with a blue glow, which is known as "overscroll glow". It's quite nice, but I know some people will prefer the bounce.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech