Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Hehe people are still posting their locations. It's totally random guys. Where you live has nothing to do with it.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

chuckz28

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
When you hit the bottom or top of a page that scrolls up and down, like a web page or settings menu, the current ROM will "bounce" if you try to drag further than it will go. That has been replaced with a blue glow, which is known as "overscroll glow". It's quite nice, but I know some people will prefer the bounce.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
It doesn't surprise me really. I remember reading somewhere that the bounce back effect was a patent granted to apple not long ago.

h4ldol

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for being too lazy to read through 9 pages of posts ( :p ), but can anyone tell me if the update fixes the wifi connection issue (losing wifi connection inevitably after 30-60min of connection, but remedied by toggling wifi off and on) that a good number of people have been experiencing?

I guess I'll find out soon enough when I get the update, but I'm super anxious about it since the issue really should have been a deal breaker for me and I should have returned my E4GT months ago when I still could because it is so damn annoying (and I get poor 3G/4G reception in my house so that's not really a good alternative either).

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Your On! First person to get the download has to post the Lightning Mcqueen famous pose wins! Ka Chow!

Ka CHOW!!!!!

I got it! I pulled my batt and when I restarted, I went into the bootloader and restarted the phone. When it booted but before it was fully usable it automatically looked for a firmware update and said one was available and DL'd and installed. Don't know if I'm happy with it yet as I haven't been on the road with it but all seems to be good. I'm not sure if I'm liking the "no numbered screens" and them stupid arrows on the lock screen though. It's no big deal but I kinda liked em'.:eek:

https://picasaweb.google.com/117146...id=yH4fz_1DbG4dD647kez-kg#5685044634191785858

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
are you guys selecting update firmware or update android?

Update firmware.

But according to sprint it doesn't do any good as hitting those buttons only polls for updates already downloaded to your phone. They also say that GOTA (Google Over The Air) is the one repsonsible for this update and that's why it's rolling out slow and not pushed to mass markets. They also claim that your (our) phone only polls GOTA servers once a week.

bklyn

May 8, 2011
Visit site

Searcher61

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update this morning. Interesting, according to my signal indicator I am getting a much better signal since the update. Wonder if they just changed the way it is calculated or actually fixed something. Will have to see today. Trying to get used to the blue...lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke