Sprint/Samsung releases 'los' fix?

Sole07

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Yay!!!! Got the update early this am. Chicago. Like the blue glow, signal is strong. I'm even getting a signal at work, which I never got before. Yay!!!!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Something i have noticed. I am on old stock. Still no update for me.
I am 10 feet away from my wifi router at work. I show 1 bar at the top of the phone. HOWEVER when i go to settings, Wireless and network WiFi Settings i see my company wifi and it shows the same signal strength indicator in green with all 3 bars full. yet on top of the phone it shows 1 bar.
Heres what i think. Key word is THINK. I am guessing the signal strength indicator might not be calibrated correctly. I say this because i can walk from my office in the back, all the way up front and into my truck in the parking lot and still be on the same wifi. In terms of linear feet its about 60, and thats going thru several walls. All of my other devices, EVO 4G, Epic 4G, EVO 3D and now Epic Touch have worked to the first few parking spots then cut out. So for my device to show 1 bar 10 feet away, then 2 bars 20-30 feet away, then go up front and have it back at 1 bar i simply think the device is not reading the signal strenght properly. The hardware is working fine, its recieving at distances.
I just did a screen shot. Top shows low wifi signal but the wifi i am connected to at work shows full bars on the green indicator.

Viper41086

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
bump, same question here. I have the exact same issue. I rooted, installed LosKernel, and got rid of the yellow triangle thing on boot up as well as installed free tethering. This morning woke up to an update and when I ran it I got the Triangle-exclamation. I pulled the battery and rebooted just fine. I havent changed anything. Do I need to chnage anything?

Baseband version:
S:D710.10S.EG30

Kernel version:
2.6.35.7-SPH-D710.EG30-CL435734

Build number:
Gingerbread.EG30

I havent unrooted or anything, should I?

Will I get the option to update again?

Phenom

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Something i have noticed. I am on old stock. Still no update for me.
I am 10 feet away from my wifi router at work. I show 1 bar at the top of the phone. HOWEVER when i go to settings, Wireless and network WiFi Settings i see my company wifi and it shows the same signal strength indicator in green with all 3 bars full. yet on top of the phone it shows 1 bar.
Heres what i think. Key word is THINK. I am guessing the signal strength indicator might not be calibrated correctly. I say this because i can walk from my office in the back, all the way up front and into my truck in the parking lot and still be on the same wifi. In terms of linear feet its about 60, and thats going thru several walls. All of my other devices, EVO 4G, Epic 4G, EVO 3D and now Epic Touch have worked to the first few parking spots then cut out. So for my device to show 1 bar 10 feet away, then 2 bars 20-30 feet away, then go up front and have it back at 1 bar i simply think the device is not reading the signal strenght properly. The hardware is working fine, its recieving at distances.
I just did a screen shot. Top shows low wifi signal but the wifi i am connected to at work shows full bars on the green indicator.

That's been my assumption the whole time. My WiFi bar shows 1 bar in my home unless I'm standing within 10 feet of my router (in the same room). But I've never had a problem with connecting or any speed problems. I also get more bars outside going to the mailbox (about 40 yards away) than I do in my living room. But either way, I'm always within range and it works fine.

I wish they would've fixed that with the update, but thus far my signal readings have remained the same. But as long as it works, no biggie to me.

chocky8

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi gurus,
Today I got the notice of an update (South Forida).
My Epic Touch was rooted a month shortly after I bought it. I definitely have the LOS problem, pretty severe too, been missing client calls.
I got an error when it was installing the update (see attached jpg). Anyone know what this means?

PanchoPlanet

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey chocky8,
What that means is that your phone has a problem, ROOT... By the way all your LOS issues are related to the ROOT. Your solution is very simple just unROOT using an EG30 kernel, afterward connect to samsung kies and you should get a message for update. Yo whats up with that screen protector?

PP

Reactions: chocky8

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
See my post above if you are rooted, and have anything on your phone other than the STOCK EG30 system (ROM, kernel, modem and recovery), if you want to take the OTA update. Otherwise, you can download the full EK02 update from XDA and manually flash it.

For those of you who rooted once, only for wifi tethering or some other simple reason other than flashing custom kernels and/or ROMs, and have no plans to stay up to date with firmware revisions (it sounds like many do this), I highly suggested you go back to stock EG30, take the OTA update then re-root using sfhub's automated root method. This method will keep your stock system intact while providing the simple benefits of root that you may want.

Last edited:

wynand32

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've noticed is that my E4GT is certainly benchmarking higher with the update (for what it's worth). I hit 4000 on Quadrant this morning (for the first time ever; I'm now consistently getting 3800+), and my last Smartbench 2011 score was 3936 Productivity, 2432 Games (I usually got around 2200 in the games portion).

And in real-world use, mine does seem a little snappier. So in that respect I'm pretty happy with the update.

JayWill

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Yeah the new ROM/kernel is definitely scoring higher in Quadrant on stock. The best Quadrant I've seen so far was 6,325 with a 1,704 overclock and the Rogue v1.3.0 custom kernel. Not many phones can handle 1,704 though ... I know mine can't hehe.

handsomeprince#AC

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Android32

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Like many, my update was waiting for me when I woke up... And I have a single bar on roam waaaay the hell out in the boondox, Mississippi! :thumbup::D

2ndaccord

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
I just got the update. The phone appears to be slightly faster. Also my speed test results show slightly higher downloads bit significant higher upload speeds. I haven't tested GPS yet.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2