Ok.....My ISP is verizon fios....I have no issues connecting to the internet on my laptop. Web pages load fast and snappy, however I am having a lot of issues with my touch and my G-tab when trying to connect to my verizon router and get on the internet. Both devices recognize the router and make the initial connection however when trying to load the market or just view web pages, I get numerous "timeout" messages, "Can't connect to sever" error messages or "load failed" messages. I would have to attempt several connections and reconnections or wait minutes until the page loads. But if I try and load the same page on my laptop using the same router......NO PROBLEM. What gives ??? Any ideas/suggestions??

Just an fyi this will be reposted in the Galaxy 10.1 thread
    12-08-2011 10:19 AM
    Ok.....My ISP is verizon fios....I have no issues connecting to the internet on my laptop. Web pages load fast and snappy, however I am having a lot of issues with my touch and my G-tab when trying to connect to my verizon router and get on the internet. Both devices recognize the router and make the initial connection however when trying to load the market or just view web pages, I get numerous "timeout" messages, "Can't connect to sever" error messages or "load failed" messages. I would have to attempt several connections and reconnections or wait minutes until the page loads. But if I try and load the same page on my laptop using the same router......NO PROBLEM. What gives ??? Any ideas/suggestions??

Just an fyi this will be reposted in the Galaxy 10.1 thread
    Sounds like a weird incompatibility with the wifi radio and/or firmware on both devices and your FIOS router. I might start with FIOS support, and see if they have any suggestions on settings tweaks you might be able to make. If that's no help, contact Samsung.
    12-08-2011 12:07 PM
    My parents have a Time Warner cable modem with a wifi router built in and they had an issue where the router only allowed 5 active connections at a time. Others could connect but there was no data going through. I'd check and see if your router has the same sort of limit. Time warner was able to bump my parent's router up to 20 active connections and they haven't has an issue since.
    12-08-2011 12:25 PM
    ok , thanks, I will start there
    12-08-2011 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD